Introverts & Extraverts

Athena

Introverts & Extraverts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

• Introvert
    • Extravert
    • Ambivert
    • Eh what do these terms mean? / Other (please comment)

16 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

You  are ok Bron.😆😁

Not aimed at you; the scenario is the stranger sidling up in a pub or a train, especially if drunk.

Expert on everything, knows nothing.. and you are about to listen.😊☺️🤩

And being too polite to tell them to *&^% off  :lol:

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, Quinn said:

I'm an introvert. For those of you who might be familiar with MBTI, I'm an INFP.

I find it interesting -- but not surprising, I suppose -- that so many of the respondents are introverts. 

I happened to do MBTI the other day as my son had just done it and wondered if we were the same (we aren't :D)  I'm equally INFP/INFJ, Quinn.

5 hours ago, poppy said:

And being too polite to tell them to *&^% off  :lol:

I happened to do MBTI the other day as my son had just done it and wondered if we were the same (we aren't :D)  I'm equally INFP/INFJ, Quinn.

Oh, that's great! Some of my dearest friends are INFJ.  😊

21 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

Absolutely Bron.

That said, even though I thus have a great chance of avoiding violence, it doesn't always armour me against it; but then I do work in mental health.😅

Yes, well a crash helmet might be advisable given past experiences!! You take care now! :hug:

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't one kind of introvert, it's a huge varying scale. I'd like to think we all mean what we post, or why would we post it.. I find your comment a little bit offensive to be honest (though perhaps it was not intended as such!). There isn't one right way to be an introvert, and we can all handle different amounts of social interactions. It's a scale, a spectrum.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 1:03 AM, Athena said:

There isn't one kind of introvert, it's a huge varying scale...There isn't one right way to be an introvert, and we can all handle different amounts of social interactions. It's a scale, a spectrum.

I do agree that degrees of introversion can vary.  

There's also the idea that introversion equals shyness or social anxiety, which isn't necessarily the case.  One can be quite fine talking with others, but recharge best in solitude. 

This is actually a really interesting topic to me, as I've looked into it quite a bit after my brain injury when I was trying to make sense of who I was and what I needed to heal.

• 1 year later...

I'm new here and thought I'd resurrect this thread because it's interesting.

I'm an extrovert. I also like quiet me time and I don't like going to parties. I don't mind having a chat with a stranger and I don't mind a room full of people. I can be loud - depending on your bench-mark - and I seem to terrify shy people for some reason (I don't do that deliberately). People say that I talk too much, which is probably true. Obviously this thread took place before lockdown. I'm coping well, how are all you introverts?

Edited by lunababymoonchild

14 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I'm new here and thought I'd resurrect this thread because it's interesting.

I'm an extrovert. I also like quiet me time and I don't like going to parties. I don't mind having a chat with a stranger and I don't mind a room full of people. I can be loud - depending on your bench-mark - and I seem to terrify shy people for some reason (I don't do that deliberately). People say that I talk too much, which is probably true. Obviously this thread took place before lockdown. I'm coping well, how are all you introverts?

no we haven't discussions about introverts/extrovert since the pandemic, but my introvert traits have coped very well, I think especially during the lockdowns.

Thankfully I do live with my sister, who is my carer, so I haven't had any problems with food shopping etc. It's still more safe for me to stay at home, and avoiding close contact with anyone else.

Though the idea of going back to normal social activities (once I have the vaccines) in the future does worry me. I think that now I'm even less interested in social chitchat :(. I'm still the odd bod that I've always been. :D

I definitely lean more towards introversion and have dealt with the lockdowns fine. I have been extremely fortunate in that I’ve been able to keep working the whole time. I can’t work from home but being out of our apartment on a regular basis to go to work has been a good thing for me. I’ve always done my exercise alone so that hasn’t changed but I definitely see more people exercising outdoors as the gyms are closed. There are a few social things I’m missing. I miss being able to go to the cinema, I miss going out for meals, and I miss meeting up with my friends for a drink in the pub. 

I'm quite introvert and have been wfh all the time, we have work Zoom meetings which are nice to catch up but not the same as the  general chitchat you have in the office.

I don't like large  gatherings either, but like Brian miss the smaller social things, like going out for a meal, or meeting up with a small group of friends to go somewhere like an exhibition or a small museum with lunch and then tea, and as I belong to a walking group it's been really frustrating not being able to do proper walks, in the summer we managed a few under the rule of 6 but they were fairly local, so it would be nicer to go a bit further afield and do some nice river walks, in better weather obviously!