My books keeps getting damaged - Need your help

Hi Friends, i commute 1 hour to work so my commute everyday is 2 hours to and from work. I use this time productively as i always bring a book with me to read.

A major problem i have is my books keeps getting damaged in my bag ( bents pages, scratches, leaking water onto pages etc..)

Is this a common problem among book lovers? 

What are your fixes?

I travel with books to and from work regularly and having a separate compartment in a bag for books definitely helps. Another thing you could do is put the book(s) in a plastic bag and wrap it tightly around the book, that way it is held shut so the pages shouldn't get damaged.

I agree with both comments above. If I'm carrying a book with a lot of other things in my bag, I try to put the book between two flat things. Like a notebook and my laptop, for example. If it's squashed shut then it shouldn't get damaged. 

I have actually seen book sleeves that you can buy to protect your book while travelling, but I can't recommend it as I've never tried one. The Story Gift shop sells them. 

If I am carrying loads of stuff in one big bag, I use an A4 (ish) sized zip up bag I bought from the stationery/school section of a local supermarket to hold any books I might have with me.

It works a treat! It is quite robust, and I can slip any loose paperwork in there too. 

My kindle has a firm cover, so that is safe enough, but I hate squishing a paper book! 

On 25/07/2019 at 12:43 PM, Chrissy said:

If I am carrying loads of stuff in one big bag, I use an A4 (ish) sized zip up bag I bought from the stationery/school section of a local supermarket to hold any books I might have with me.

It works a treat! It is quite robust, and I can slip any loose paperwork in there too. 

My kindle has a firm cover, so that is safe enough, but I hate squishing a paper book! 

Oooh that's a good idea! I quite often squash loose paperwork in my bag too, I'm going to look out for one of those tomorrow! (you also just reminded me that I need to get a cover for my kindle before I take it on holiday!)