Hi!

Verre

Hello everybody!

My name is Ben, and I am studying English Literature, History, French, Maths and Further Maths at sixth form. I'd like to read English at university, and hope to go to Bristol, Warwick, Durham or possibly Oxford. I enjoy reading poetry, essays like those of George Orwell, contemporary fiction and reviews.

In my spare time, I play the piano, and take long walks in the park with my fantastic girlfriend.

This seems like a really great forum, and I look forward to arguing with you all on lots of different matters.

Hey there, and welcome! I'm sure you'll fit right in here.

Put the gloves down though :D

Are you trying to make him drop the gloves first, baby-bro? That is some sneaky play, I tell you. (Good going!) *grin*

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum!

Speaking of Orwell and essays, I know that Anthony Burgess wrote a sequel to 1984, called 1985. It's in two parts - the first part is a sequel and the second part is a collection of essays discussing 1984. I would love to get my hands on this and read it. Anyway, enough prattle from me. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

LOL, I knew a fellow hockey fan would get that :D

Are you kidding me? To a girl who has loved the Helsinki IFK and Chicago Blackhawks her whole life, who thinks Slap Shot is one of the greatest sports movies ever and who still thinks Jarkko Ruutu's hit on Jarg in Turin Games was clean, that's the first thought that came to mind!

That being said, I think a hockey fan would be the only one to get that... *grin*

Hi Ben.

Welcome to the forum.

A bit of healthy debate is always welcome, so long as it's done in a friendly manner, which is what you intended, I'm sure.

Go to Durham Uni. They have a wonderful literary festival there, and Newcastle is nearby too.!

Anyway, enjoy the forum. I look forward to reading your posts.

Pp