How many books do you own?

Verre

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't own as many books as I wish I did, mostly due to monetary restrictions. If I bought every book that I wanted, I'd be in debt for about a million by now. I own around 100-120 books.

• 4 months later...

I was doing a lot of re-organising and shelving yesterday and I counted all the books I own, and I got up to 523, give or take ~10 (there may be miscalculation, books I've given away but are still listed as books owned, books I've bought but haven't remembered to list as owned).

According to LibraryThing I own somewhere in the region of 1700 books.

LibraryThing has a cool new feature that gives statistics regarding how high your pile of books would be stacked compared to various monuments. Apparently my pile of books is just a few feet shorter than the Statue of Liberty. cool.gif But I'm not sure that it's actually counting all of them because some books lack the relevant information.

I think that I have about fifty out and about from the last two years, and then probably about that many in boxes from the move I made two years ago.. Not too many but the number will defiantly grow since I'm out of school and will have more time to be able to read.

I used to have about a 1,000 but I have been getting rid of them to good causes over the past year, to free up space

so I am only left with the few hundred that I havent read yet plus the ones I will always treasure

I have about 150-170 books ish I think :) Definitely collected lots over the years, then a few have gone to charity etc, but I always go to charity shops to buy more books oops!

I think I've got in the region of anywhere between 600 and 650 books, although I have to admit that it has been a while since I last counted them. I'm in the process of reorganising and cataloguing them (not to mention re-reading a few of them) so I should have a more accurate ballpark figure soon.

Easily over 500, that includes some books I have counted as 1 when they are a bind up of roughly 3 books, large textbooks and I haven't counted all the books I have kept from my childhood, (on one bookshelf and in a large box under my double bed) I only have three bookcases atm, with a total of 15 shelves but only 11-12 of them are full of books. Going through my shelves just reminds me of the books I want and don't own yet, it puts me in a greedy hoarding mood. I must read the books I own and haven't read yet though before I purchase more, some I could easily get rid of to make space for others in the future....thats what they all say rolleyes.gif

At last count I had close to a thousand.

A lot of those were added to my shelves and my Kindle based on the reviews and recommendations here.

Bad, BAD Book club Forum! :P

Having only a very small house, my collection was pared down to a handful when I got married. I was gutted at the time, but it was something that had to be done. I probably only actually own about 10 books these days, which is a shameful thing to admit to on a reading forum! :(

I've promised myself that one of the kids bedrooms will be converted into a library once they move out. 9 and 6 - I have a looong time to wait!

Ian

Edited by ian

Having only a very small house, my collection was pared down to a handful when I got married. I was gutted at the time, but it was something that had to be done. I probably only actually own about 10 books these days, which is a shameful thing to admit to on a reading forum! :(

I've promised myself that one of the kids bedrooms will be converted into a library once they move out. 9 and 6 - I have a looong time to wait!

Ian

Ahh bless, you'll have to be patient Ian :D

I don't know how many books I own. I've never counted them and they're all over the house (some in boxes) ... probably both too many and not enough :lol: