How many books do you own?

Verre

Good Evening,

Between Mrs. purple95 and me we have approximately 1500.

Plus;

I still have around 500 of my comic books dating back to the late 1940's. I started reading early as I'm sure all of you did.

dan :readingtwo:

Wow, those comics must be vintage. Sounds like a nice collection.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roland and Adam,

The comic books are sorted, individually packaged and stored in A/C. I would really like to sell them and let them "live" again as they just sit now.

Honestly, Mrs. purple95 and I have been thinking about setting a lot of our books free for someone else to enjoy.

Adam,

Love your avatar. Liston fight in the late 60's, right? My father and I followed Ali's career closely in those days. Good times.

Adam,

Love your avatar. Liston fight in the late 60's, right? My father and I followed Ali's career closely in those days. Good times.

May 25th, 1965

Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston

"First Round, First Minute"

You are so lucky to have witnessed such a great legend. I wish I would have been alive to watch him fight. He is a hero for me and I look to him for inspiration. I am a HUGE boxing fan and I am really looking forward to the Hatton/Mayweather fight this Saturday :readingtwo:

• 1 month later...

Put it this way; my husband and I have two book cases choca- block in our living room. We then decided to buy another bookcase and turn our spare room into a study... that is now full to bursting point with books to read. Then there are the healthy and ever expanding piles on the beside cabinets, by the bedside cabinets, on the floor, crammed into the wardrobe.....:readingtwo:

But we get through them and give them to Charity Shops, swap with friends etc. and only keep the dearest of dear reads.:)

Kirsty:readingtwo:

I have 900 to a thousand, I have over 900 listed on Listal but I haven't listed all my son's or hubby's books on there yet. And the number is always fluctuating, as I read I often get read of books and far too often get more books, even though I keep promising myself I'll finish the ones I have first. It was enough that we learned our first German cuss words as the movers had to take all the boxes of them up the stairs:blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nearly 600. I would have had well over 1000 by now but a few years back I went through a really bad time - not nervous breakdown territory, but I wasn't happy - and got rid of a whole load of stuff. Books, clothes, furniture, you name it. I was trying to clear my head by clearing my house. Damn it, I regret it so much now.

• 2 years later...

I've catalogued most of mine on LibraryThing and according to that I have a little over 500. It really doesn't sound like that much, but boy they take up a lot of room! At the rate I've been buying books lately, my collection is likely to double in size in the next couple of years. :D

I thought it was time to give this thread a bump.

My post above was written about 3 years ago, and my prediction came true. I have (more than) doubled my collection in just a few years and I have over 1,300 books according to Goodreads.

I'm not going to attempt any predictions for the next few years because I know I'll get depressed if I realise how many more books are likely to be added to my TBR pile.

I think I own about 300 books - and the number keeps growing :smile2: I find it so hard to part with them! I also regularly "adopt" piles from Maureen who needs to make space for her new purchases. At this rate, I sincerely doubt the number will stop growing!