How many books do you own?

Verre

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say exactly how many books I own, but a very rough guess would put it at around a few hundred perhaps, and that may not include the e-books! I am a self-confessed book-a-holic!!!  :blush2: Much to my changrin! But I think it would safe to say that I am not the only one! Maybe someday I will maybe "actually" count them!!! :smile:

About 15 to 20. I pass them on once I'm finished or swap them. Also going through a library phase at the minute. The last few years I've been leading a nomadic life which doesn't help. I'm probably around 300 books read in total (books I chose to read on my own initiative). One day I'll make a collection of only my favourites.

I used to own a lot of books. I had a manga collection of 3000, as well as about at least 1000 of regular books. But when I moved out of my mothers flat I sold or gave away most of it, since I didn't have the room anymore. Then my boyfriend moved in with me, and I gave away a lot more of my books since we have a lot of doubles, and he needed some room for his books too.

Right now I guess I have about 200 books again.

I have 74 real novels that i actually care about and bought since i started reading 7 years ago. Around the house, there are more of course but in my actual collection of real fiction-novel books that I read, i have 74 and still growing.  All great ones that i take pride in having in my collection

Edited by UnderTheDome40

• 1 year later...

I was doing a lot of re-organising and shelving yesterday and I counted all the books I own, and I got up to 523, give or take ~10 (there may be miscalculation, books I've given away but are still listed as books owned, books I've bought but haven't remembered to list as owned).

This was only 1 year and 5 months ago... I cannot have bought so many books after that. I blame all the members on here who send me books by mail! :giggle:

I've just counted my books and I now own 825 titles. When I joined the forum, I remember looking up to Kylie, in awe, when she was nearing 1,000 books owned. But I never dreamed (or wanted to!) own that many books myself, I thought it would be a nightmare to own that many books in a student apartment. Think of the backache when I have to relocate all these books some day! :(

I counted my books today and I got 578. Not too bad, when you consider the post above ^ 

Luckily I managed to read and give some of them books away before this move :giggle2: 

• 5 months later...

I reckon I also have about 350, but I need to count them, (and re-organise them) again.

When I moved in here 9 months ago (hellish experience, carrying all these books around), the books got thrown onto any old shelf as they arrived into the house. Haven't gotten around to sorting them yet. I want to colour co-ordinate them. Really should get around to that.

According to LibraryThing I own somewhere in the region of 1700 books.

^ That was then (a pretty rough estimate, I think). This is now: according to my cataloguing software, I have 1882, but there's probably around 300 that haven't been catalogued yet. I intend to know the exact number soon!

I now have around 2,500 according to my cataloguing software, but I still haven't catalogued a few hundred or so, so it would be around 3,000, I think. :)