Hi guys! I finished my previous novel and have started a new book! It is titled The Photograph by Penelope Lively. It appears to be a Today's book club selection. It is a shorter read but I'm using it to gear up for My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk, which will be a physiological puzzle questioning the meaning of life and what happens after death. Back to my present book, so far I have to admit it is intriguing! Typically any famous picks from "Oprah's book club" and things of that nature I do not enjoy, they come off too clean. Like there was no labor of love, just some schmuck at a computer typing away with little imagination beyond character's names. The plot lines already laid before the writer, void of challenges, of significant character development. However, this appears to be different. So far I've piece together its about a man's dead wife and her story after death provides many answers I believe, if alive, she would've been unable to provide the proper suspense with. For example, the novel The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty,

Spoiler

her husband being alive ruined this book for me. It made the situation unevolved as opposed to if he had passed and she had to make her own choices based off of his previous ones.

I believe The Photograph is going to do what The Husband's Secret couldn't and prove me with a thrilling suspenseful read. Any options on authors I've mentioned so far? Even if you don't agree I would love to begin an open discussion! 

Edited by Athena
Added spoiler tag

I've put your spoiler in spoiler tags. I haven't read The Husband's Secret yet, and I am sorry you spoiled it for me. Please be careful of this in the future. See this post for how to use spoiler tags:

On 4/8/2017 at 2:26 PM, Athena said:

Q. How do I use the "spoiler" feature?

Click the 'eye' icon in the reply box, you can find it next to the 'emoticon' icon. If you click this icon, a Spoiler box will appear in the reply box. Type your spoiler in the Spoiler box.