Books in the rest of 2019

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd make a topic and see if there are any books coming out in the remainder of 2019 that you're really excited for? Alternatively, what are some books you're hoping to get around to before the year is over? I'd love to know :).

As for myself, for me personally, the #1 release I'm excited for, is Ik zie er zo normaal uit by Elise Cordaro. This is a Dutch memoir, of the author living with autism and ADHD. I don't know much about this book and haven't been able to find a lot about it, and yet I really want to read it so I have it pre-ordered. The pre-order date actually got moved back from June to September, according to the Dutch webshop I've pre-ordered it on. Anyway, this is personally a book I'm looking forward to reading, because I hope I'll find a lot to relate to (since I am autistic and have ADD (no H)).

Other than that though, there are plenty of other book releases I'm excited for (new releases as well as some books being out in medium size paperback but previously being published in hardcover and as e-book, and a couple of e-books too).

I got quite a few books I'm hoping to read the rest of the year, but for some I'm just wiating for the right mood (because I'm such a mood reader).

I have a couple.  A Lovely View of Sea by Michael Carson is coming out at the end of this month.  I've followed this author since his first novel, way back in 1988.  I'm excited to see what this new work of his is all about.  He has a light, whimsical sense of humour which I'm fond of.  I'm also looking forward to Heartstopper Vol. 2 by Alice Oseman, which is an LGBTQ+ graphic novel due out in early July. 

Those are the only two I can think of right now!  I imagine the rest of 2019 will also see me ploughing through a couple more Agatha Christies, because I find them such wonderful comfort reads.

I'm looking forward to The October Man by Ben Aaronovitch, which should be out on the 13th June I think. It's a novella from the Rivers of London series, so not quite as exciting as a full novel, but still exciting! 

16 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

I'm also looking forward to Heartstopper Vol. 2 by Alice Oseman, which is an LGBTQ+ graphic novel due out in early July.

I'm looking forward to Heartstopper Volume 2 too :D!!

14 hours ago, Hayley said:

I'm looking forward to The October Man by Ben Aaronovitch, which should be out on the 13th June I think. It's a novella from the Rivers of London series, so not quite as exciting as a full novel, but still exciting! 

I hope you'll enjoy this :)!

I don't often tend to keep up with new books but I have added a few that have been/are to be released this month (June)

City Of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert

Recursion by Blake Crouch 

I'll Never Tell by Catherine McKenzie.

About books I am hoping to get to this year. I would like to read more classics. In particular pre 1900 as well as perhaps finishing the Chronicles of Narnia. I only have two more books in the series. The rest I guess will be whatever catches my eye at the time. 

I can't believe I forgot that The Secret Commonwealth (The Book of Dust Volume Two) by Phillip Pullman is out this year! It should be out on October 3rd and I've just pre-ordered the signed slipcase edition from Waterstones! I can't wait to see it! :yahoo:

• 3 months later...
On 16/09/2019 at 4:32 PM, Madeleine said:

March 2020 I think?  The cover is gorgeous.

It is pretty isn't it? I noticed that Waterstones has a mysterious clothbound version available too. It still says 'final cover to be revealed.'

I've just realised that Laura Purcell's new book Bone China is out in a couple of days and that looks really good.