New user from Spain

ratpenat

Hi, I'm Ratpenat and I'm from Spain. I just joined because I am reading quite a bit in English. I usually roam around a Spanish book forum but if I am going to read in English I should join a forum in English as well. Let's see if everything goes well :)

Hi, welcome to the forum! :) 

I wish I could read in multiple languages. One of my favourite authors is Spanish (Carlos Ruiz Zafón) and I'd love to be able to read his short stories that haven't been translated!

Thank you Hayley and Muggle not. Well I read pretty much anything that has letters on it.  I just finished White Fang by Jack London which was surprisingly good. Now I started Necronomicon by Lovecraft, though I am not enjoying as much as I should because it is extremely hard to read, unlike White Fang which was very easy. My favourites would be a mix:

-A confederacy of dundes by John Kennedy Toole.

-The count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

-The Shack by Vicente Blasco Ibañez.

-Tirant lo Blanc by Joanot Martorell.

-The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien.

And I could go on I guess :mrgreen:  Those came before to my mind so I guess those are my favs.

I also like to write and I used to do it all the time. Nowadays I don't find the moment to do it with all the responsibilities I must attend. But hopefully I'll be able to do so once more in the future. 

I'll make sure to browse the forum to see what is there :)

7 hours ago, ratpenat said:

Well I read pretty much anything that has letters on it. 

I agree with this completely :lol:

I've only read The Hobbit, out of the books you listed, but I love that!

We do have a Writer's Corner here but you need to have posted ten times before you can use it. You're more than half way there already though! (There may also be a writing competition coming soon...) 

10 hours ago, Hayley said:

I agree with this completely :lol:

I've only read The Hobbit, out of the books you listed, but I love that!

We do have a Writer's Corner here but you need to have posted ten times before you can use it. You're more than half way there already though! (There may also be a writing competition coming soon...) 

How do these competitions work? I have taken part in a forum writing competition before and we enjoyed it very much.

Lau_Lou thanks!

7 hours ago, ratpenat said:

How do these competitions work? I have taken part in a forum writing competition before and we enjoyed it very much.

You would send the piece of writing to me, I'd post each entry for everyone to see (so nobody else knows who wrote each one) and then members can vote for their favourite! I'll include detailed instructions in the announcement though :smile:

5 hours ago, Hayley said:

You would send the piece of writing to me, I'd post each entry for everyone to see (so nobody else knows who wrote each one) and then members can vote for their favourite! I'll include detailed instructions in the announcement though :smile:

Okay!