Maeve Binchy

Well, how weird, I've searched and can't find anything.?? So I'll ask here.

What's your favourite Maeve Binchy novel?

Don't tramp!e me in the stampede!!:o

I've read and loved Whitethorn Woods and the Copper Beech, meaning to read further but you know how it is, loadsa books out there.

Now it's time to choose from the ranks again.

I feel so at peace reading these novels, as if they're part of me. I'm just dithering about which to carry on with! 

So Help please! ☺

Happy :readingtwo: All.

Spoiler

I read an omnibus containing The Copper Beech and Evening Class many years ago, and liked it okish at the time. I don't remember much of it, though I think one of the two involved religion, and I wasn't too keen on that aspect of the story (at the time). I liked both Star Sullivan and Full House, two QuickReads releases by Maeve Binchy, which I read some years ago. I haven't picked up anything else since by her. I think liking that omnibus so-so kind of put me off trying more of her work, but maybe I'll read more of her some day. I did quite like the two QuickReads novellas.

Thanks Athena. :smile:

The tribulations we bookworms go through dithering over that next choice. I know I'm just marking time, till I zoom in on it :D

Happy :readingtwo: All

• 2 weeks later...

I've got it - the Glass Lake. ☺ That took a bit of sniffing out! Sounds just right, perfect for relaxing into, with a hint of mystery. It's next up, though I'll probably sneak a page or two while I finish my current read.

(By the way, I've just noticed your "Book Wyrm"  Poppy. I've just finished "Nevernight" by Jay Kristoff  (just a little fantasy thing about teenage assassins in training) There's a library, there's bookworms. The books are very safe. The bookworms are monstrous creatures prowling the endless aisles eating unwary humans who cross their paths!

You wouldn't go for a mooch around those shelves unless you were bristling with weapons!😁!)

16 hours ago, Booknutt said:

(By the way, I've just noticed your "Book Wyrm"  Poppy. I've just finished "Nevernight" by Jay Kristoff  (just a little fantasy thing about teenage assassins in training) There's a library, there's bookworms. The books are very safe. The bookworms are monstrous creatures prowling the endless aisles eating unwary humans who cross their paths!

You wouldn't go for a mooch around those shelves unless you were bristling with weapons!😁!)

Could be worse ... they could be eating the books!!:giggle2:

• 2 years later...

Does anybody have any recommendations on which novel to start with? I have recently read a short story by Maeve Binchy about a married couple who travel to Ireland after the husband suffers from depression. I think it was called A Week In Summer. I have a few of her books on my tbr but i have never really had much of a desire to start one of her books but I really enjoyed this story. I am wondering if she might become a new favourite :D