Anyone finds it hard to get into Allegiant? (mild spoilers)

jtw

Anyone finds it hard to get into Allegiant? (mild spoilers ahead!)

Spoiler

It felt like after the previous book/insurgent's ending reveal something explosive should be happening, a head over heels escape - and maybe it is coming later, but the first chapters seem to just hang in place kinda stuck! The second book apparently in some people's eyes had a similar issue but in my opinion that works because the opening kinda moves fast and then it feels appropriate with the characters recovering and figuring things out that it takes a while. But the third book has no interesting start, everyone is just kinda locked in and planning things but as a reader I don't know what and it just doesn't want to go anywhere for a while. I also found the sudden use of additional POV (Tobias) out of place and a bit jarring.

Does it get better soon? Anyone else had similar issues with that book?

Edited by Athena
Added spoiler tag

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I've added spoiler tags to your spoilers, here's how you do it yourself:

Click the 'eye' icon in the reply box, you can find it next to the 'emoticon' icon. If you click this icon, a Spoiler box will appear in the reply box. Type your spoiler in the Spoiler box.

I didn't find it hard to get into Allegiant when I read it many years ago, but I do like the book less than Divergent and Insurgent. A lot of people feel that way, so it's not just you! From what I recall it does get a bit better later on in the book, but it has been some time since I read the trilogy so I can't be 100% sure.