What's Up in April? - 2019

Athena

Can you believe it's April already?!

On 3/31/2019 at 11:13 PM, Jaymer85 said:

So another month is about to come to an end. March has been a great month, Spring has arrived, Lighter evenings and I had my birthday. Here come the April Fools jokes tomorrow :rolleyes:

Gladly the 1rst of April is over again, because ugh I really dislike April Fools jokes and things too!

My grandfather's birthday is soon and I look forward to going there and spending some time with my grandparents and other family :).

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, Athena said:

Can you believe it's April already?!

Gladly the 1rst of April is over again, because ugh I really dislike April Fools jokes and things too!

My grandfather's birthday is soon and I look forward to going there and spending some time with my grandparents and other family :).

Sounds good - I never knew most of mine, as three out of four of them died before I was even born! 

On 4/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, Talisman said:

Sounds good - I never knew most of mine, as three out of four of them died before I was even born! 

I'm sorry to hear that :(.

I wish everyone a nice weekend :)!

On 4/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, Hayley said:

There seems to be a lot of Birthdays in April, it's my nans birthday, my birthday and then my sisters birthday at the end of this month! 

I hope you have fun during all of these birthdays :)!

On 4/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, Hayley said:

Hope you have a great time with your family @Athena :) 

Thanks, I did!! It was really nice to spend some time with my family. I feel tired from it today, but that's okay. I had a lot of fun yesterday.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, Talisman said:

It's fine - you don't miss what you never had!

I suppose that makes sense!

I hope you had a nice weekend :).

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, Athena said:

I hope you have fun during all of these birthdays :)!

Thanks, I did!! It was really nice to spend some time with my family. I feel tired from it today, but that's okay. I had a lot of fun yesterday.

I suppose that makes sense!

I hope you had a nice weekend :).

We did. I had fun yesterday as well. I went up to Parliament again after work to make some noise as there were 2 large groups from North Yorkshire and Cornwall coming down to take part in a sing off against together. They sang their own versions of some popular songs changing the lyrics to Brexit themed ones instead with musical accompaniment. It was all great fun and very good natured - even the Police Officers were singing along! The 6 o'clock shout (where we all stand outside the House of Commons and shout "stop Brexit" was good fun too - with more songs and chants from the 2 groups - we even made the BBC 6 o'clock news! We also managed to ambush Mark Francois who is Vice Chair of the ERG (a group of ardent Brexiteers). He was being interviewed on College Green and when he finished we all followed him back to the Commons shouting "vote leave lied". It's much more fun that cleaning toilets at work, talking of which we have been interviewing for a new gardener for the past week, as our current one is leaving us at the end of next week, so have to make a decision tomorrow as to who to offer the job to. I know which one I would prefer but need to discuss it with the maintenance manager tomorrow as well in my own bosses absence and see if he agrees. 

I had a nice weekend in Christchurch in Dorset, weather was sunny but chilly, and we did manage a lunch by the sea on Sunday (indoors admittedly!) and it was rather hazy as well.  Back at work now with something similar to sciatica, had yesterday off sick, bit better today but still quite stiff and sore and it seems to vary between my lower back and then my hip.  Still at least it's nearly the weekend again!

Easter's finally nearly here and it looks like being lovely weather for once (last year was a washout!).  Been told we can leave work early which is even better.

Have a good Easter everyone, and enjoy the long weekend!

I hope your back is better now @Madeleine!

Easter already! It's my nan's birthday on Sunday too so I'm going for lunch with her and some other family members, which should be nice. I also saw the first bluebells of the year this week!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend too! :) 

Had a flat tyre on Thursday night which meant I only had the spare tyre on the car for Friday and couldn't travel very far, finally managed to get  a new tyre on Saturday, went to a friend's for dinner on Saturday night which was nice despite the lights fusing just as she served the first course!

Yesterday went to a country fair and saw some gorgeous baby goats, turned down the offer to bottle feed them, wish I had done it now but it was fun watching everyone else do it, it was a free for all!

Not sure about today, looking like it might rain.

Hope everyone's enjoying the long weekend.

I'm sorry about the flat tyre :(!

Awww baby goats are adorable :).

I had a nice weekend, on Saturday my brother and his girlfriend came by and we had a barbecue. On Sunday I did a lot of chores and laundry and cleaning. On Monday my sister came by in the morning and we had a nice long chat. After that though I got a migraine and I spent the rest of the morning and the afternoon and evening resting as I felt too awful to do much. Gladly today my head and nausea are a lot better and I slept better last night than I did from Sunday to Monday night.

Today the roadworks on my street have begun. They're going to create a speedbump on the road by the edge of our garden. So it's been a noisy morning, with them drilling the asphalt away. It could have been worse though. They took a break at lunchtime and then went back at it.

I had an important meeting with the city council today. Gladly it went well, the lady was very kind and understanding. I'm feeling worn out from it this afternoon, but I was expecting that. Hopefully I'll feel a bit more rested tomorrow, this afternoon I'll try to rest as I feel too tired to do much to be honest.

I wish everyone a good week :).

Drilling is a nightmare, hopefully it won't last too long - they're refurbishing the building opposite us (our old office building) and sometimes they're drilling nearly all day, it's been driving us crazy.  Everywhere seems so much noisier now:hide:

I had a migraine over the weekend too which didn't really go until Sunday evening.  At least it's a short working week!

Oh dear, @Madeleine, @Athena, I hope the migraines have gone away for both of you!

It's my sisters birthday today so I'm having dinner with some of my family later. Because it was my birthday two days ago we always share cake today, it's become a bit of a tradition, so that's exciting because I love birthday cake :lol:

I can't believe April is nearly over. Does anybody else feel like this year is going really fast!?

On 4/27/2019 at 5:29 PM, Hayley said:

Oh dear, @Madeleine, @Athena, I hope the migraines have gone away for both of you!

Thank you, I'm feeling okay again. Though I am having headaches from time to time, gladly they are not migraines.

It's my sisters birthday today so I'm having dinner with some of my family later. Because it was my birthday two days ago we always share cake today, it's become a bit of a tradition, so that's exciting because I love birthday cake :lol:

That sounds like such a lovely tradition! I hope you had a wonderful time with your family and happy (belated) birthday!

I can't believe April is nearly over. Does anybody else feel like this year is going really fast!?

I too feel that way! Is this a thing that it seems like a year is going by faster and faster as we age? I don't know, but it does feel as if the year has been going by fast!

I had a good appointment with my support worker / therapist this morning.