• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

July Supporter Giveaway   07/01/2019

It's Christmas in July! The winner of the July Supporter giveaway will receive this beautiful Barnes & Noble edition of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, as well as a special Charles Dickens tea by  theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   I've been keeping this book a secret for so long (I couldn't wait until Christmas!) It's actually from a really lovely independent bookshop in Hay-on-Wye, the town of books. I'm so glad I finally get to show you! The picture doesn't even do it justice. A nice feature that you can't see in this image - the page edges are gold and (an extra surprise for the winner) the back is just as beautiful as the front! We also now have twice as much tea as previous giveaways!  (Thank you Literary Tea Company!)   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and a winner will be chosen at random at the end of the month. If you want to enter this giveaway but you aren't a supporter, you can join in here https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   Good luck  

I have recently read 2 books that have rekindled my appetite for reading. Unfortunately the author in question has only published 3 books, so I have to soon find a new source to feed from!

The ones read are:

A Year of Marvelous Ways

When God Was a Rabbit

Very much loved Winman's imagery, especially in AYOMW. Rural life, traditional times, life, love, death.

Fiction yes, but not convoluted and effortful. 'Nice'.

If I was picky, I do love Cornwall ;)

Really hope that someone can help suggest where I could go from here. 

I haven't read anything by this author so can't really help you, however the books do sound intriguing.

But welcome to the forum anyway :) I hope someone here can offer some suggestions.

Also,Take a look at the reading blogs section. You'll soon find plenty of books you want to read :D if you're anything like me.

Hello Esby. I'm afraid I haven't read any Sarah Winman either. 

A useful site to try is Literature Map. It should give you a few ideas for authors with a similar style / demographic etc.  I have found it useful on occasion, although the site has also baffled me with some of its suggestions .  

Hope you find a new author to enjoy. :)

On 3/8/2019 at 11:25 PM, Chrissy said:

Hello Esby. I'm afraid I haven't read any Sarah Winman either. 

A useful site to try is Literature Map. It should give you a few ideas for authors with a similar style / demographic etc.  I have found it useful on occasion, although the site has also baffled me with some of its suggestions .  

Hope you find a new author to enjoy. :)

Wow thank you for this website recommendation. It is a really useful one. I often look for books by artists who i have just read. Especially poets. Like, couple of nights ago i was looking for poets similar to Li-Young Lee and then i used Literature Map and now have a list of beautiful poets.