I have recently read 2 books that have rekindled my appetite for reading. Unfortunately the author in question has only published 3 books, so I have to soon find a new source to feed from!

The ones read are:

A Year of Marvelous Ways

When God Was a Rabbit

Very much loved Winman's imagery, especially in AYOMW. Rural life, traditional times, life, love, death.

Fiction yes, but not convoluted and effortful. 'Nice'.

If I was picky, I do love Cornwall ;)

Really hope that someone can help suggest where I could go from here. 

I haven't read anything by this author so can't really help you, however the books do sound intriguing.

But welcome to the forum anyway :) I hope someone here can offer some suggestions.

Also,Take a look at the reading blogs section. You'll soon find plenty of books you want to read :D if you're anything like me.

Hello Esby. I'm afraid I haven't read any Sarah Winman either. 

A useful site to try is Literature Map. It should give you a few ideas for authors with a similar style / demographic etc.  I have found it useful on occasion, although the site has also baffled me with some of its suggestions .  

Hope you find a new author to enjoy. :)

On 3/8/2019 at 11:25 PM, Chrissy said:

Hello Esby. I'm afraid I haven't read any Sarah Winman either. 

A useful site to try is Literature Map. It should give you a few ideas for authors with a similar style / demographic etc.  I have found it useful on occasion, although the site has also baffled me with some of its suggestions .  

Hope you find a new author to enjoy. :)

Wow thank you for this website recommendation. It is a really useful one. I often look for books by artists who i have just read. Especially poets. Like, couple of nights ago i was looking for poets similar to Li-Young Lee and then i used Literature Map and now have a list of beautiful poets.