In The Dark (DI Adam Fawley, #2) - Cara Hunter 4/5

Cuckoo - Sophie Draper 1/5

Silent Victim - Caroline Mitchell 3/5

If You Come Softly - Jacqueline Woodson 3/5

February

Dying Truth - Angela Marsons 3/5

Fatal Promise - Angela Marsons 4/5

Total: 6/80

I may or may not use this post for my Life's Library challenge. It's basically a book-every-six-weeks book club I've signed up to, lasting a year, and as I've signed up for the physical subscription I get a copy of the book, bookplates, a unique item, and the digital perks which include John Green and Rosianna Halse Rojas podcast dicussing the book, discussion questions, printables etc, and we also get access to a Discord server to discuss with other people. The idea of the book club is to step outside your comfort zone and read books you might not otherwise read, and as it's only like 8 books over the course of a year, I thought I'd give it a go.

Hi, good to see you back! :) 

1 ‘loved it’ and 3 ‘liked it’ books isn’t a bad start to the year. It’s a shame about Cuckoo though, it must have been really bad for you not to even give it an ‘it was okay!’ 

Life’s Library sounds interesting, I hope you get some good books from it! 

On 2/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, Hayley said:

Hi, good to see you back! :) 

1 ‘loved it’ and 3 ‘liked it’ books isn’t a bad start to the year. It’s a shame about Cuckoo though, it must have been really bad for you not to even give it an ‘it was okay!’ 

Life’s Library sounds interesting, I hope you get some good books from it! 

Hiya! It's good to be back, I really need to get more involved both here and Goodreads - don't remember the last time I wrote a review. Might try to start writing them again here and copying them over. I now have 2 'loved it' books - the latest book in the Kim Stone series was excellent.

Thanks! So far I'm really enjoying the second Life's Library book, 'A Field Guide To Getting Lost' by Rebecca Solnit, it's way outside my usual comfort zone but it's really good.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:27 PM, Athena said:

Have fun with the Life's Library :)! It sounds like an interesting concept :).

I wish you a nice reading year in 2019 :readingtwo:!

Thanks Gaia! :D

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Nollaig said:

Hiya! It's good to be back, I really need to get more involved both here and Goodreads - don't remember the last time I wrote a review. Might try to start writing them again here and copying them over. I now have 2 'loved it' books - the latest book in the Kim Stone series was excellent.

Even better :). I've been thinking of doing that with Goodreads too. I read something recently on twitter (I think it was from a publisher but I can't remember who now) about how much reviews help authors and how you should post reviews in multiple places if you can and that got me thinking. I might even go back and paste in reviews of the books I've read so far this year.  

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Nollaig said:

Thanks! So far I'm really enjoying the second Life's Library book, 'A Field Guide To Getting Lost' by Rebecca Solnit, it's way outside my usual comfort zone but it's really good.

I hope you're still enjoying it! What was the first book you got?