Travel Plans

Talisman

Anyone who knows me will know that I love to travel - I am one of those people who has to plan another holiday as soon as I get back from the last one. Last year I managed four overseas trips and a few short breaks in the UK. I had 10 days in Andalucía, Spain in February exploring he cities of Granada, Cordoba and Seville, a week in Kotor, Montenegro in May, 2 weeks exploring the Baltic States of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia (with a day trip to Finland thrown in for good measure) in July and 5 nights in Budapest (Hungary) in October. We also had a night in London to see the Game of Thrones Musical Experience and 2 nights in Glastonbury just after Christmas.

Plans for 2019 include La Palma in the Canaries in February, Bosnia and Herzegovina in May and a cottage in Somerset in August to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (I normally travel alone as Coran doesn't have a passport, but she will come with me for that one). I am really excited at the idea of Bosnia, as it's still undiscovered and there is just so much to see and experience, not just war stuff, although there is a lot of that. The countryside and the food look and sound amazing. It's not the easiest place to get to unfortunately as there are no direct flights from the UK (yet) so I am having to go via Vienna and Dubrovnik. Herzegovina borders Croatia so I will get the bus from there to Mostar the following day where I will then spend 6  nights. I have a lovely apartment in Mostar which I found on booking.com - I love that site! I will then catch a bus to Sarajevo - and another apartment - and spend a week there before flying back again via Vienna. 

So what are everyone else's plans - is anyone else planning  anything different or unusual or are you all armchair travellers? 

I have 2 trips booked up so far, a short break to Madrid in March and a week set aside to hike The West Highland Way in May. We are also looking at booking a trip to somewhere in south east Asia in September but we haven't decided exactly where yet.

If you haven't heard of Jacks Flight Club it would be worth your while to look them up Brian. Jack and his wonderful team of researchers scour the Internet looking for deals literally all over the world and there have been some great ones recently to that part of the world that might help you decide.

• 2 months later...

Due to unforeseen circumstances which some of you know about, I had to cancel the trip to the Canaries at short notice. Coran and I ended up with a few days in Portsmouth instead. We also have a weekend break at Easter to look forward to near Stonehenge. 

I'm off to Christchurch in Dorset this weekend for a few days, fingers crossed the weather gets better again!  Easter's meant to be nice though so you should be OK Talisman.

• 4 weeks later...

It certainly is. Coran and I had a fabulous weekend near Amesbury in Wiltshire over Easter, with perfect weather and it's 4 weeks this weekend until I am off to Bosnia. Coran hasn't been well of late, and I had to cancel a much needed trip to the Canaries in February hence the few short breaks we have had in between. She is still not good unfortunately, but I am not cancelling another trip - we will just have to find a way to make it work.  

• 3 weeks later...

I am off to Bosnia this weekend - in 6 days time - I am going via Dubrovnik in Croatia so wont actually get there until Sunday evening - about 7.30 local time, but I am really looking forward to it. Coran hasn't been well for the last few months, so it was touch and go for a while as to whether I would have to cancel, but we both decided that wasn't going to happen as I REALLY need this holiday to recharge my own batteries. Coran is going to stay at her sisters for a while with our lovely neighbours once again looking after the cats, who I will miss like crazy - I have turned into a crazy cat lady since we got them! This time next week then I will on the bus heading towards Mostar at the start of my adventure.  

It's nice Coran can stay at her sister's house :). You definitely deserve a holiday after having to cancel earlier ones, so I hope you'll have a wonderful time and that you can recharge your batteries (so to speak)! I always miss my pets too when I'm on vacation, it's nice your neighbours will look after your cats but it makes sense to me you'll miss them.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm going on hoildays soon-maybe nxt month with staff .I have to pay for staffs stay aswell for 2nights away in tullamore. In Tullamore they have just about everything -Salad bars ,shopping sprees and all that. I want a massage and get my nail done again :D wooo

Just had a week in Devon, looks like we got the best of the weather.  Missed the heatwave, thankfully, but it was a very pleasant mid 20s and breezy, and one storm which woke me up in the middle of the night.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!  Late to the thread.  I love to travel.  

I recently spent three weeks driving & camping across the United States.  It was quite the adventure!

In the next few weeks, I'm possibly taking a trip to go see the giant sequoias. 

A daytrip to Mexico is in the future, as well.  

On 18/08/2019 at 6:15 AM, Quinn said:

Hello!  Late to the thread.  I love to travel.  

I recently spent three weeks driving & camping across the United States.  It was quite the adventure!

In the next few weeks, I'm possibly taking a trip to go see the giant sequoias. 

A daytrip to Mexico is in the future, as well.  

That sounds amazing, I'd love that! It would be quite a bit further for me to travel though... 

I just got back from holiday in Spain, which was lovely. I swam in the sea, ate lovely food, went to a nice market and read a lot. Back to reality now but I do have an overnight trip planned, going to a theme park with my niece. She's never been on a big rollercoaster before and I think she's going to love it, so that will be fun!

• 4 weeks later...