• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

January Supporter Giveaway   01/16/2019

I'm thrilled to (finally, sorry for the delay!) announce the January giveaway, with a Sherlock Holmes theme! Supporters can win a beautiful little hardback edition of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as well as a stylish a5 print by www.thestorygift.co.uk/, featuring some witty advice from the great detective.     As always, if you support on patreon or if you supported before patreon (and did so less than twelve months ago), you'll be entered into the giveaway automatically. If you're not a supporter but want to take part, you can support for this month here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   The winner will be selected at random on January 31st. Good luck!  
Sign in to follow this  
Athena

The Last Film You Saw - 2019

In this topic we can post about films/movies we've seen in 2019.

Since it's January 1rst I haven't actually seen any movies yet in 2019, but we might watch one in one of the next few days.

The last film I watched was Star Wars: Solo. Not sure what to think, it wasn't terrible, but it's also not something that stands out in my mind.

2 hours ago, Athena said:

The last film I watched was Star Wars: Solo. Not sure what to think, it wasn't terrible, but it's also not something that stands out in my mind.

I had the same reaction to the most recent Star Wars movies. I was never a massive Star Wars fan but it would seem that a lot of the big fans have strong reactions to these movies.

Since I had quite a long Christmas vacation, I've already watched a few films this year.

Two Night Stand (meh, nothing special)

Catch and release (sad, lovely, Silent Bob was good)

Interstellar (oh boy, I hated that one, so freaking boring and plain weird)

The Martian (really liked that one, funny, interesting, suspenseful)

Went to see The Favourite today.  As good as the reviews suggest.  Great to see a film with 3 strong female leads,and the men supporting.  The three are goooooood!