• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

April Supporter Giveaway   04/01/2019

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden."   In honour of spring, the April giveaway is a print of this wonderful quote from The Secret Garden (thanks, once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk) along with a Secret Garden tea (Victoria Sponge flavoured!) from the  Literary Tea Company! (You can find them both at their own website theliteraryteacompany.co.uk and at their etsy store www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany ).   As always, patreon supporters will be entered automatically and if you don't support but want to be included in this month's giveaway you can join the patreon here: www.patreon.com/bookclubforum A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month!
Athena

Read-a-thon 2019

On 3/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, karen.d said:

Moving the read-athon to April 12th is fine with me!

Thanks Karen, I'm really glad to hear that :)!

23 hours ago, frankie said:

I'm going to visit a friend that particular Saturday, but otherwise I think I might be able to take part! I can also read on the train on my way to see said friend, and back :)

I wish you lots of fun with your friend :)! I hope you can join us on the other days :). It'd be nice to read on the train too :)! It's awesome you'll be joining us :friends3:.

The April read-a-thon is this upcoming weekend (12-13-14) though I might start on Thursday already. I'm excited to read some of my graphic novels / manga / etc.

I finished my previous read this morning (Unbroken by various authors). I'm not sure if I want to start another book for 2-3 days, or whether I want to take a break from reading for a few days. We'll see. I don't feel like starting a new book yet to be honest!

I hope some of you will join me in this upcoming weekend :). (Though, it's only Monday, so I suppose it's a bit early to think of the next weekend already, but.. oh well!).

1 hour ago, Athena said:

The April read-a-thon is this upcoming weekend (12-13-14) though I might start on Thursday already. I'm excited to read some of my graphic novels / manga / etc.

I finished my previous read this morning (Unbroken by various authors). I'm not sure if I want to start another book for 2-3 days, or whether I want to take a break from reading for a few days. We'll see. I don't feel like starting a new book yet to be honest!

I hope some of you will join me in this upcoming weekend :). (Though, it's only Monday, so I suppose it's a bit early to think of the next weekend already, but.. oh well!).

Yes! I would like to join in!

On 4/8/2019 at 6:32 PM, karen.d said:

Yes! I would like to join in!

I'm happy to hear that, I wish you lots of fun :D!

Happy read-a-thon-ing this weekend, @karen.d and anyone who's participating :)!

Yesterday I read Donald Duck Pocket 224 and A Silent Voice Volume 3. Today I read Fruits Basket Volume 3 (re-read) and I'm currently re-reading Fruits Basket Volume 4.

I ended up finishing Fruits Basket Volume 4 on Friday and in the evening I read Cucumber Quest 3: The Melody Kingdom. Then yesterday I read I Hate Fairyland 2: Fluff My Life (by Skottie Young), and I read Awkward 3: Crush (by Svetlana Chmakova). This morning I read The Witch Boy 2: The Hidden Witch by Molly Knox Ostertag and I'm currently reading Mr. Wolf's Class 2: Mystery Club by Aron Nels Steinke.

So far I've read:

Friday: 'I Let you Go' by Claire Mackintosh 64 pages

Saturday: 'I Let you Go' by Claire Mackintosh 64 pages

Sunday: 'I Let You Go' by Claire Mackintosh  88 pages Finished and it is such a good book!

Now, I'm about to start reading 'Never Say Spy' by Diane Henders

Edit> I read 54 pages of 'Never Say Spy' by Diane Henders yesterday, so in total, I read 270 pages over the weekend. Not the highest page count for a read-a-athon, but I was busy with friends and other stuff. I still really enjoyed the reading though!

Edited by karen.d

I'm glad you enjoyed your reading :)!!

Continuing on from my last post, on Sunday I ended up finishing Mr. Wolf's Class 2: Mystery Club and then read Kid Gloves by Lucy Knisley.

I enjoyed my reading too :).

The May read-a-thon takes place on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of May.

I had a really chaotic weekend for the read-a-thon but I did manage to finish Rite of Passage. It was only a total of 70 pages but I'm glad I finished it :) 

Glad you both enjoyed what you read too!