Read-a-thon 2019

Athena

On 3/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, karen.d said:

Moving the read-athon to April 12th is fine with me!

Thanks Karen, I'm really glad to hear that :)!

23 hours ago, frankie said:

I'm going to visit a friend that particular Saturday, but otherwise I think I might be able to take part! I can also read on the train on my way to see said friend, and back :)

I wish you lots of fun with your friend :)! I hope you can join us on the other days :). It'd be nice to read on the train too :)! It's awesome you'll be joining us :friends3:.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The April read-a-thon is this upcoming weekend (12-13-14) though I might start on Thursday already. I'm excited to read some of my graphic novels / manga / etc.

I finished my previous read this morning (Unbroken by various authors). I'm not sure if I want to start another book for 2-3 days, or whether I want to take a break from reading for a few days. We'll see. I don't feel like starting a new book yet to be honest!

I hope some of you will join me in this upcoming weekend :). (Though, it's only Monday, so I suppose it's a bit early to think of the next weekend already, but.. oh well!).

1 hour ago, Athena said:

The April read-a-thon is this upcoming weekend (12-13-14) though I might start on Thursday already. I'm excited to read some of my graphic novels / manga / etc.

I finished my previous read this morning (Unbroken by various authors). I'm not sure if I want to start another book for 2-3 days, or whether I want to take a break from reading for a few days. We'll see. I don't feel like starting a new book yet to be honest!

I hope some of you will join me in this upcoming weekend :). (Though, it's only Monday, so I suppose it's a bit early to think of the next weekend already, but.. oh well!).

Yes! I would like to join in!

Happy read-a-thon-ing this weekend, @karen.d and anyone who's participating :)!

Yesterday I read Donald Duck Pocket 224 and A Silent Voice Volume 3. Today I read Fruits Basket Volume 3 (re-read) and I'm currently re-reading Fruits Basket Volume 4.

I ended up finishing Fruits Basket Volume 4 on Friday and in the evening I read Cucumber Quest 3: The Melody Kingdom. Then yesterday I read I Hate Fairyland 2: Fluff My Life (by Skottie Young), and I read Awkward 3: Crush (by Svetlana Chmakova). This morning I read The Witch Boy 2: The Hidden Witch by Molly Knox Ostertag and I'm currently reading Mr. Wolf's Class 2: Mystery Club by Aron Nels Steinke.

So far I've read:

Friday: 'I Let you Go' by Claire Mackintosh 64 pages

Saturday: 'I Let you Go' by Claire Mackintosh 64 pages

Sunday: 'I Let You Go' by Claire Mackintosh  88 pages Finished and it is such a good book!

Now, I'm about to start reading 'Never Say Spy' by Diane Henders

Edit> I read 54 pages of 'Never Say Spy' by Diane Henders yesterday, so in total, I read 270 pages over the weekend. Not the highest page count for a read-a-athon, but I was busy with friends and other stuff. I still really enjoyed the reading though!

Edited by karen.d

I'm glad you enjoyed your reading :)!!

Continuing on from my last post, on Sunday I ended up finishing Mr. Wolf's Class 2: Mystery Club and then read Kid Gloves by Lucy Knisley.

I enjoyed my reading too :).

The May read-a-thon takes place on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of May.

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost the end of April, so the May read-a-thon is this upcoming weekend (May 3rd, 4rd, 5th). I feel like that it's come around soon - I think part of the reason is that we had the April read-a-thon a week later than usual, so it's been a bit less time in between read-a-thons than usually. I don't quite feel in the mood for my graphic works reads yet, so I'm thinking I might decide to read something different for this upcoming read-a-thon. I'm currently reading a Dutch autism memoir that I hope to finish before Thursday. Then I'll have a browse on my shelves and see if maybe I might read some shorter 'text'books or such, rather than some graphic novels etc. But I'll see where the mood takes me :).

Yay! :D I'm out during the day on Friday but I'm looking forward to setting aside lots of reading time this weekend. I'm hoping to at least finish Melmoth by Sarah Perry (it shouldn't be too difficult, it's really good so far!) but if I finish that I might go for some short stories :) 

11 hours ago, Hayley said:

Yay! :D I'm out during the day on Friday but I'm looking forward to setting aside lots of reading time this weekend. I'm hoping to at least finish Melmoth by Sarah Perry (it shouldn't be too difficult, it's really good so far!) but if I finish that I might go for some short stories :) 

That sounds good :)! I'll probably not have much time on Sunday because I'll be spending it with my family. I hope you'll enjoy finishing off Melmoth and have fun with some short stories :).

That sounds nice :)!

I've decided I'll just continue in the Dutch autism memoir for now. I'm planning to go to the library this weekend, I just got the email that my reserved books are available for me to pick up. I haven't been feeling in a reading mood, so I'm hoping going to the library will make me feel more like reading.

I’ve had 2 hours reading of The Rosie Result this afternoon :), and it’s really good. I hope to have time to read the second half of the book during the weekend.

Happy reading this weekend everyone! :)

On 5/3/2019 at 4:34 PM, Lau_Lou said:

Haven't been in the mood to read either, first time I read the other day after almost two months. But hey it's coming back now :) I think I'll join in the read-a-thon this weekend too. 

Sounds good! I hope you'll feel more in the mood to read :).

23 hours ago, Marie H said:

I’ve had 2 hours reading of The Rosie Result this afternoon :), and it’s really good. I hope to have time to read the second half of the book during the weekend.

Happy reading this weekend everyone! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the book!

I've read some in Maar je ziet er helemaal niet autistisch uit by Bianca Toeps yesterday, not sure how long for as I didn't record the time (I get distracted and do my reading in bits, so it's a bit hard to measure too). Pageswise it may have been around 100ish pages, maybe less than that. I'm not entirely sure where it was I started reading. Today I've been busy with several things so I haven't done any reading in the book. I'm really liking the memoir. I might be able to read a bit more in it tonight, otherwise maybe tomorrow.

Happy reading everyone :)!

Glad everyone's enjoying their books! I do think the read-a-thon's a great way to get yourself back in the mood to read. 

I read 40 pages of Melmoth last night (I had to make myself stop at midnight so I didn't just want to sleep through today!) and I'm looking forward to reading more later.

I might extend mine until Monday, since it's bank holiday weekend here in the UK and I missed out on Friday!

21 hours ago, Hayley said:

I might extend mine until Monday, since it's bank holiday weekend here in the UK and I missed out on Friday!

I hope you enjoy reading today if you decide to read :)! It's nice it's a bank holiday weekend in the UK. It was Liberation Day here yesterday (5 May).

I read a bit more in Maar je ziet er helemaal niet autistisch uit by Bianca Toeps yesterday, I've almost finished the book.

How did everyone else get on with their reading this past weekend?

Over the weekend, I managed to read 87 pages of 'Every Secret Thing' by Rachel Crowther and also, I decided to do a buddy read with my friend, so I read 83  pages of 'Three Things About Elsie' by Joanna Cannon. So in total, I only read 170 pages but, as my mum broke her shoulder before Easter, I've been busy helping at home. So, I don't think that's too bad. I still enjoyed what I read anyway!

(I just realised I typed a reply in this thread and never pressed 'submit' :blush:)

I finished Melmoth (it was brilliant!) which makes a total of 150 pages for me for the read-a-thon. I didn't end up using Monday to read because I couldn't decide on a book. I think Melmoth gave me a book hangover :lol:

@karen.d your poor mum! At least she's got you to help her out though :) and 170 pages was still more than me!

57 minutes ago, Hayley said:

(I just realised I typed a reply in this thread and never pressed 'submit' :blush:)

I finished Melmoth (it was brilliant!) which makes a total of 150 pages for me for the read-a-thon. I didn't end up using Monday to read because I couldn't decide on a book. I think Melmoth gave me a book hangover :lol:

@karen.d your poor mum! At least she's got you to help her out though :) and 170 pages was still more than me!

I really want to read 'MelMoth' I'm glad you enjoyed it!

19 hours ago, karen.d said:

Over the weekend, I managed to read 87 pages of 'Every Secret Thing' by Rachel Crowther and also, I decided to do a buddy read with my friend, so I read 83  pages of 'Three Things About Elsie' by Joanna Cannon. So in total, I only read 170 pages but, as my mum broke her shoulder before Easter, I've been busy helping at home. So, I don't think that's too bad. I still enjoyed what I read anyway!

I'm so sorry about your mum! It's nice of you to help her out. It's nice you managed to do some reading and enjoyed it :). Best wishes to your mum :flowers2:.

17 hours ago, Hayley said:

I'm glad you really enjoyed your reading :). Good books can certainly do that, put one in a book hangover!

8 hours ago, Athena said:

I'm so sorry about your mum! It's nice of you to help her out. It's nice you managed to do some reading and enjoyed it :). Best wishes to your mum :flowers2:.

Thank you! It has been a bit hectic the last few weeks, but my mum is slowly getting better.