Chrissy's Reading 2019

Chrissy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Chrissy said:

There has been the occasional battle with depression since I was a teen, but this year has been a bit more of a struggle than usual, and this has impacted my reading quite a bit. This second half the year I have leaned toward re reads, the comfort of the familiar has most definitely been required. 

At some stage (hopefully before year end) I will make note of what I have been reading, and perhaps have a think about my reading hopes for next year. :)

I hope the next year sees a real lightening of the struggle, dearest Chrissy :hug:

And beloved, familiar books are always such a comfort.

8 hours ago, Chrissy said:

There has been the occasional battle with depression since I was a teen, but this year has been a bit more of a struggle than usual, and this has impacted my reading quite a bit. This second half the year I have leaned toward re reads, the comfort of the familiar has most definitely been required. 

At some stage (hopefully before year end) I will make note of what I have been reading, and perhaps have a think about my reading hopes for next year. :)

I'm so sorry this year has been a bit of a struggle for you :empathy:. I hope 2020 will be a better year for you :hug:.

9 hours ago, Chrissy said:

As others have said, I really hope 2020 will be far less of a struggle for you. Take extra good care of yourself :hug:

Thank you for the kind words. I should make clear that this year has also brought me buckets of joy and laughter and happiness and cake too! :yes: 

I have been examining the dark episodes slighter more than I ever have, rather than my usual keep a rhythm going, ride it out method of coping. Although this has been both really helpful and constructive, and at times fascinating, it has also been emotionally quite draining, so I think that has made the difference.