Karen.d's Reading List 2019

karen.d

On 8/17/2019 at 3:44 PM, Marie H said:

This is an interesting idea, I might get involved with this. :)

In fact, I've just got a free UK Kindle of this book, if anyone who might be interested in it.

Hope you enjoy The Disability Read-a-thon. :) There are quite a few of interesting categories, I hope to dip in during October.

I got 'The Girl In Between' free too, not even knowing that it features a disabled character. I'd be interesting in hearing what your TBR list, if you end up doing the disability read-a-thon!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! Just a quick reading update. I've finished 'It' by Stephen King :yahoo: It took me 3 weeks to complete this huge book, but I enjoyed more this time, than the last time. It's not perfect (I will go into that more when I write a review), but really enjoyable.

Now onto a buddy read that my friend has been waiting to do. I'm about to read 'The Crow Trap' by Ann Cleeves. It's the first in the 'Vera' series, Has anyone read it?

Well done on finishing IT!! I look forward to reading your review :).

I've not heard of The Crow Trap but I did read the novella Too Good to Be True by the same author, which I liked. I hope you enjoy your buddy read :).

1 hour ago, Athena said:

Well done on finishing IT!! I look forward to reading your review :).

I've not heard of The Crow Trap but I did read the novella Too Good to Be True by the same author, which I liked. I hope you enjoy your buddy read :).

Well I'm not much of a crime reader, but since doing buddy reads with my friend this has opened me up to the world of crime novels! I haven't got that far into 'The Crow Trap' yet, but I think it's going to be good.

Spoiler

Although, I seem to read a lot of crime novel,s with women in them who have just come out of a bad relationship, with a controlling partner. Why is that a clique with crime novels?!

1 hour ago, Athena said:

Hi Karen! So sorry to bother you, but I can't comment on your latest blog post :(. I thought I'd let you know as you asked I do so :). I hope you can fix it :(.

Hi! I've just noticed this and selected comments! I don't know why it's doing this :angry: Thanks for letting me know again

38 minutes ago, karen.d said:

Hi! I've just noticed this and selected comments! I don't know why it's doing this :angry: Thanks for letting me know again

You're welcome :). I'm so sorry it keeps doing that! Weird and annoying :(.

• 4 months later...

Hello! I hope you had a great Christmas! I've been very bad at updating this thread and I've just got around to updating my 'Books Read' list for this year. I won't unfortunately get around to writing the reviews for those. Hopefully in the New Year I will be better at up keeping my thread.

I'm looking forward to starting a new 'Books Read in 2020' on the board. I do have a dilemma though. I've finished all of the books that I have been currently reading, so do I have time to finish another book, before the new year? I hate starting a new year in the middle of a book. So what should I do?

12 minutes ago, karen.d said:

Hello! I hope you had a great Christmas! I've been very bad at updating this thread and I've just got around to updating my 'Books Read' list for this year. I won't unfortunately get around to writing the reviews for those. Hopefully in the New Year I will be better at up keeping my thread.

Thanks, I did have a great Christmas :)!

12 minutes ago, karen.d said:

I'm looking forward to starting a new 'Books Read in 2020' on the board. I do have a dilemma though. I've finished all of the books that I have been currently reading, so do I have time to finish another book, before the new year? I hate starting a new year in the middle of a book. So what should I do?

I have the exact same dilemma!! If you do pick a new book, I'd recommend picking a short one. But yes, I feel the same way. Not sure what to do!

1 minute ago, Athena said:

Thanks, I did have a great Christmas :)!

I have the exact same dilemma!! If you do pick a new book, I'd recommend picking a short one. But yes, I feel the same way. Not sure what to do!

Not sure if I have any short books left, but I will have a look. I guess I will have to read very quickly if I want to get a book finished before New Year's Day! Glad you had a great Christmas