"A Different Tune" by L.K. Campbell

jenmck

Review for "A Different Tune" by L.K. Campbell

When former paratrooper Scott Riley returns home from World War II, he has one aim--to meet the girl of his dreams, Cassie Wright. Cassie has been his pen pal, and his light at the end of the tunnel through most of his war experience. He goes to her hometown on the Gulf Coast of Florida with marriage on his mind only to find that she has other plans for her future. A talented pianist, Cassie has been accepted to the prestigious music conservatory in Jacksonville. Will she give up her dreams for Scott, or will he chase hers?

I should have known this story would blow me away. After seeing excerpts from it for months, I finally broke down and bought it. I wasn't disappointed.

Ms. Campbell brought characters from a bygone era to life and yanked me into a different world filled with innocence and gentle romance. It's been a long time since a book has touched me in quite this way.

She avoided all the usual conflicts and resolves their feelings for each other fairly quickly in the story. But, as in real life, the conflicts they have externally keep them apart. The added emotion of Cassie's relationship with her mother just made it all the sweeter.

My favorite scene is the confrontation between Scott and Cassie's mother which Ms. Campbell handled with finesse. Let me just say I got lost in this era and the characters. It's rare to find a historical set in this time and this author did it brilliantly.

I'll be reviewing this on my blog but I wanted The Book Club Forum to get it first.

I'd recommend this book if you're looking for a romance with a sweet flavor.

It's on Amazon Here

Or check it out at L.K Campbell