What's Up In November 2018

muggle not

We are going to the orchard next week for apples. Four of our neighbors would like us to get them some. I will buy a half bushel of Fuji apples, a half bushel of Pink Lady, and a half bushel of a new apple called Sweet Cheeks. This will be our third trip for apples this year.

26 minutes ago, Hayley said:

That sounds so lovely @muggle not! I love Pink Lady apples and Sweet Cheeks just sound like they're going to be delicious!

I'm going to look after somebody else's dog later this month so I'm looking forward to that, she's such a sweet dog!

Sweet Cheeks is a cross between a Honeycrisp and a Pink Lady. It isn't available in stores  yet but is supposed to be very good.  

We have just got the pictures from our wedding so we are in the process of sorting through them and deciding which ones to get enlarged and framed. It's also my birthday towards the end of the month so I see a book shopping trip in my future.

• Athena pinned this topic
On 11/11/2018 at 5:25 PM, muggle not said:

We are going to the orchard next week for apples. Four of our neighbors would like us to get them some. I will buy a half bushel of Fuji apples, a half bushel of Pink Lady, and a half bushel of a new apple called Sweet Cheeks. This will be our third trip for apples this year.

I hope you find lots of nice apples :).

On 11/11/2018 at 8:37 PM, Brian. said:

We have just got the pictures from our wedding so we are in the process of sorting through them and deciding which ones to get enlarged and framed. It's also my birthday towards the end of the month so I see a book shopping trip in my future.

That sounds nice, I hope there are some great pictures in there :). I hope you have a fun birthday, Brian :).

I've had a really busy past few weeks, so for the second half of November I look forward to have a bit more of a quieter time :). The past few weeks I've been on holiday, we had workers here working on the heatpump and solar panels and electricity network, my boyfriend's mother came to stay with us for a week and I've had my birthday celebration. I'm pretty tired from it all so I look forward to resting a bit.

It sounds like you need it!

I do too. We have been managing at work with only 2 cleaners for almost 2 months now since one of them left without giving notice (a week before a Royal visit as well!). This morning though I interviewed a really nice man for the job and I am very hopeful that he will accept.

I am starting to think about holiday plans for next summer as well, all the time aware that Black Friday with numerous deals on flights etc will soon be with us. I am planning a trip to Bosnia in May which is not the easiest or cheapest place to get to as there are no direct flights from the UK. I am in a bit of a quandary to be honest as to whether to book or not or to wait for the outcome of Brexit negotiations - the next few days will be crucial I gather as we head towards what looks like a no deal. If that does turn out to the scenario, which looks increasingly likely, flights to and from Europe from the UK could be grounded as we will no longer be part of the Open Skies agreement, but on the other hand aviation is so important that surely even our inept Government would not allow this to happen - or would they - probably! What then to do - sit and wait I guess, but for how long as prices keep going up but my wages do not! 

5 hours ago, Athena said:

I hope the nice man will accept :).

I'm worried too about the outcome of the Brexit negotiations. I'm hoping for the best for us both!

He accepted the job and I guess will start when his DBS comes through, assuming he needs one, as he did indicate that he may have a recent one already.

As for Brexit - our PM is in am intense meeting with the cabinet this afternoon to try and get them to accept the deal she has ironed out. I don't hold out much hope, but all will no doubt be revealed in due course - hopefully before the Black Friday sales. :P

4 hours ago, muggle not said:

We are leaving tomorrow for Disneyworld (Florida) for the Thanksgiving Holiday. It is a 600+ mi. drive to Florida and I hope to make the drive in about 9 hours. 

Good luck and have fun Muggle :)! I wish you (and everyone else here who celebrates Thanksgiving soon), a happy Thanksgiving.

• Athena unpinned this topic