General questions / discussions

Michelle

I am having second thoughts on continuing as a member on another forum, BookGroupOnline. It doesn't seem to be working out for me. I am just too used to BCF.

I believe I may just call it quits for "any" forum since this Forum is closing down. I wish everyone the best of luck whatever you pursue after the demise of Book Club Forum.

Edited by muggle not

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to register at Book Group Online (I think it's more user friendly than the other site, and not quite so garish - the text is a bit bright!) but seem to be having trouble getting the confirmation email with the link to join, anyone else have this problem?

6 hours ago, muggle not said:

I am having second thoughts on continuing as a member on another forum, BookGroupOnline. It doesn't seem to be working out for me. I am just too used to BCF.

I believe I may just call it quits for "any" forum since this Forum is closing down. I wish everyone the best of luck whatever you pursue after the demise of Book Club Forum.

I'm sorry to hear that muggle. By the way, do you still visit the other forum at all, where Stuart came from (who caused trouble over here)? I just wondered how things were over there?

Just now, muggle not said:

No. I stopped posting there when I came to your site in 2006.  I would not consider being a member of any site that he is associated with.

I appreciate that sentiment muggle.. and that’s why I didn’t give the name or site address. :)

14 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I'm trying to register at Book Group Online (I think it's more user friendly than the other site, and not quite so garish - the text is a bit bright!) but seem to be having trouble getting the confirmation email with the link to join, anyone else have this problem?

Check spam Madeleine.

Edited by itsmeagain

Nothing there either.  I just tried to sign in, and it said still awaiting validation, so I pressed the re-send confirmation email key, and I checked the address is correct.

Edited by Madeleine

Thank you to Michelle and the Moderatorsfor all their work. :friends3: 

This forum has been a wonderful oasis of calm, for me, and it will be missed. 

21 hours ago, Michelle said:

Contact the admin. We sometimes had problems.. forum emails often end up flagged as spam, and can be blocked before they even reach you. Admins can usually confirm your email, and do things manually. 

Thanks Michelle, I had no trouble joining this forum though!  Perhaps they're clogged up with the sudden rush of newbies.

I'm really sad that the forum is closing, there truly is nothing else quite like it. But I'm so glad I got to be part of it for so long, and meet so many lovely people. Thank you @Michelle and all the moderators who made the forum such a wonderful space to interact with other book lovers!

I'd love to keep in touch with as many people as possible. I've joined the LibraryThing group as 'HayleyF' (I think it's going to take a while to get used to that site though!) and I've changed my goodreads username to HayleyBCF so that hopefully I'm easier to find on there (if you see a fluffy panda, you're in the right place!). 

On 8/3/2018 at 5:09 PM, Hayley said:

I'd love to keep in touch with as many people as possible. I've joined the LibraryThing group as 'HayleyF' (I think it's going to take a while to get used to that site though!) and I've changed my goodreads username to HayleyBCF so that hopefully I'm easier to find on there (if you see a fluffy panda, you're in the right place!). 

I added you as a friend :).

AthenaGaia is me if anyone's looking.

I am not going to bother with another forum at this stage. It will be strange as I have been a member of one in one form or other since the millennium, but I am sure I will get used to it. I have joined the Facebook group and if anyone on there or on here that I am not already friends with wants to keep in touch with me they are free to do so. I am friends with some of you already anyway. I should be easy enough to find via my real name which is listed in my signature. I will miss the monthly threads the most I think where we tell each other our news, and of course the book challenges and lists. I can easily keep track of mine via Goodreads though, which I do already anyway. If I feel the need to join another reading forum further down the line it shouldn't be difficult to find one via Google.   

Still no joy from the other book group, I did sign up to the Online Book Group but might withdraw as it's very garish (I think anyway) and seems to be very US orientated, nothing wrong with that of course but I don't recognise a single author or book title from the admittedly brief few looks I've had at it! I did email the other forum on Sunday about the problems I was having, and I re-registered but still no confirmation email. 

I have joined this group's Facebook group though.