Pets - 2018

Athena

20 hours ago, Athena said:

It is with pain in my heart that I have to tell you all that our goat Lize passed away yesterday :(:wibbly:. She was old and the heat became too much for her. May she rest in peace :cry:.

Poor thing.

I love goats, such sweet and  dog-like animals.

Sorry to hear it Athena.

So sorry to hear this - goats are lovely animals.

I missed our 2 cats so much while I was away - and they were all over me the moment I walked through the door.

We are getting them a cat flap hopefully next week, so they can go outside. It will be interesting when they meet the 2 next door.

Billie has taken to sleeping on our bed since I got back but Becky is still a little nervous of that. She comes into the room for a sniff and occasionally jumps on the bed, but runs straight back out again with the slightest sudden movement. We thought we had lost her yesterday - we searched the house and were starting to worry as we hadn't seen her for hours. Then we suddenly noticed her perched on top of one of the book cases watching us - they really are strange creatures!

We have a man coming on Monday to measure the door panels with a view to changing them so we can get a cat flap installed, as we have had them 6 weeks now so it's time they started to explore the garden as well as the house. I must admit that I do really love these cats. They are so loving and such fun to watch.  

They are suffering a bit in this heat which isn't the best. We have the fan running in the living room where they spend most of their time and the top windows are open enough to let the air in while making sure they can't jump out! It is obvious that poor Billie really wants to go out as she keeps trying to climb on the radiator in our bedroom as she can see the top window is open. We are not going to let her though until the cat flap is safely installed, which won't be long now. We had a quote for installation today - our front door has raised panels which will need to be changed in order to fit one. We know the flap we want - the Sureflap Dualscan, which works with their microchips to prevent other cats from coming in. That should be arriving on Wednesday and the fitter says he will call us as soon as he gets the panel. It should be by the middle of next week then. :singcat: