• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

BCF on Patreon!   11/10/2018

I'm very excited to finally share with you that BCF now has patreon! I'm sure some of you are familiar with patreon already, but for those who aren't here's what it means for the forum:   You will now be able to support the forum monthly. The amount you'd like to give is entirely up to you but, the more you give, the more rewards you get. The rewards (this is the most exciting part!) include entry to a monthly competition when you donate $2 or more. I really cannot wait to show you the first competition prize!   I really do need your support to keep this forum running and I hope that with patreon I can give something back to those who do support too. I am also aware that there's a possibility this might not work. For that reason, I'll be running it on a 6 month trial and I would really appreciate your feedback in that time.   Members who are current supporters will get automatic entry into the competitions until their current years membership runs out (although obviously you can still join the patreon before your current membership runs out if you want to!)   If you have any questions just send me a message, or come to the 'Changes' section of the forum.   If you'd like to get started on patreon, you can find the Book Club Forum here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum       
Sign in to follow this  
Carina

Books Recommendations!!

Please I want books recommendations within in one of these topics/genres:

• - Novel of classical literature
  • - Romance with a military guy (like "A distant melody" by Sarah Sundin)
  • - Books about history (but with a story)
  • - Books about bipolar world or world war

If you're a fan of a historical book with a fantastical twist, Leviathan by Scott Westerfield is a novel about World War I, but with a steampunk/biopunk twist. Fair warning, it is Y.A., but that doesn't make it any less interesting of a read! I hope this helps, Carina! :)

If you wanted a more adult book, I'd suggest Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It's historical, with far less fiction (unless a minor case of time travel bugs you :)). It has romance, war, basically anything Mrs. Gabaldon could research. It is a long read, and it preludes to a lengthy series, but it is quite an interesting read!

On 11/06/2018 at 11:03 PM, Carina said:

Please I want books recommendations within in one of these topics/genres:

• - Novel of classical literature
  • - Romance with a military guy (like "A distant melody" by Sarah Sundin)
  • - Books about history (but with a story)
  • - Books about bipolar world or world war

These leave a fairly massive range of books, so it would help to know what some of what you've already read or what you're interested in within those genres..  Classical literature for instance is huge, so any authors/specific books that you've read and enjoyed?  Narrative history is probably even bigger - any particular era, place, type (military, social, political etc) or authors you've enjoyed or interested in? Or do you mean historical fiction, which is how sasireader appears to have interpreted it?  Books about world war - fiction? non-fiction? any particular world war? any aspects?  Again, what have you read (no point producing a list to find that you've read them all!)?

Can't help you with the romance, but I've read and enjoyed a fair bit related to the others over the years.!

Edited by willoyd

If you like the atmosphere of World War II, I highly recommand you In the garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. The historical story is true, such as the characters, but it's written as a novel. I've read it very quickly ! 

Sorry about my English grammar... I'm French