WHY MEN LOVE BITCHES BY SHERRY ARGOV BOOK REVIEW

abookidea

Ms. Argov could not have been simpler or more basic in the writing of this book. Some of the stories told between these pages were giggle-worthy and made you say to yourself “Gosh! Thankfully I’m not like that!” others made you cringed and look around for the big arrow pointing at you.

In the end, you feel that she has drawn an accurate picture of how women allow themselves to be walked all over and then complain about how badly they have been treated.

What got me thinking as I read this book, was the times I have spent with my male friends and heard them ask questions like “Why does she always act so stand offish?”, “Why is she so distant?” could it be that some men do not like the ‘bitch’ as Ms. Argov says they do? Clearly men are just as baffled in the dating game (emphasis on the word game) as women are.

Why Men Love Bitches is said to be a dating guide for women of all ages. But…………. I’m thinking of the more mature woman who has grown up with certain types of rules in regards to dating and her opinion of how a woman should be with her man.

I’m thinking about how media as a whole is asking us to ‘just be ourselves’ in life as a whole. Now on one side we are been told that ‘The Bitch’ will get the man and keep him – but, is that wholly true? I think that if we delve even deeper, we should seek some of the reasons why women (and men) get so clingy.

It is just not an overnight reaction to one bad relationship and maybe this is the first thing a woman (or man) should handle to become a better person all round. On the other hand, we are being told that men love a good chase/fight/struggle – so I ask, is that what you are going to have to do your whole life to keep this man? How much energy are you going to have to put in to get a worthy, house trained, party worthy man? I get tired just thinking about it the effort involved. And who said that all men want or need that kind of woman – maybe just maybe there is a man (or woman) out there who wants you with all your insecurities – but that’s just me.

All in all, Why Men Love Bitcheswasn’t my cup of tea but it was an ok read for a lazy afternoon with nothing to do, as for the advice, you can pick and choose what you want or need and leave the rest.