Peyton Place by Grace Metalious

frankie

I searched the forum for a topic on Peyton Place but couldn't find one. I did, however, find a lot of posts where people mentioned reading the book :)  I read the book some many years ago, and really enjoyed it! I think I wasn't too impressed by the book in the start, but it got better and better. I could've kept on reading! I'm not sure why I didn't read the subsequent novels then. I've thought about re-reading the first book and then reading the sequels.

When I was googling the whole Peyton Place thing, I stumbled upon a related book by Barbara Delinsky, called Looking for Peyton Place. I'm kind of keen on reading this one, as well :D

Any Peyton Place fans? I wonder if the TV series would be great to watch. Although I'm not sure where one might catch it...

I don't know a lot about it I'm afraid. I haven't seen the TV series myself, but my grandmother has mentioned it to me, she liked it a lot I think. I'm not 100% sure if she's read the original book, but I think she has read it and liked it. I haven't read either book, but I have read a different book and a novella by Barbara Delinsky and liked them both.

I think my grandmother might have the TV series on DVD. Ah, according to Wikipedia parts 1 and 2 were released in 2009, and parts 3 and 4 in 2018. I think she'll have parts 1 and 2 then.

I hope you can find another fan on the forum, that would be nice :).

• 4 weeks later...
On 4.6.2018 at 2:51 PM, Athena said:

I don't know a lot about it I'm afraid. I haven't seen the TV series myself, but my grandmother has mentioned it to me, she liked it a lot I think. I'm not 100% sure if she's read the original book, but I think she has read it and liked it. I haven't read either book, but I have read a different book and a novella by Barbara Delinsky and liked them both.

Have you ever thought about reading the book? :)

On 4.6.2018 at 2:54 PM, Madeleine said:

I very vaguely remember the TV series - in black and white!

When did it air? My Mum probably watched it. Maybe. I would think! It would be so much fun to watch the show! :smile2:

My mojo's been fickle though, so I've not been able to re-read the first novel in the series yet. But I'm hoping to get to it and the sequels this summer! :) 

• 2 weeks later...