Reading Lists

claudibee

Any lists I keep of books that I want to read are at the front of my Book Blog thread - a few authors, a couple of different non-fiction series, and a couple of challenges.  I aslo have my LibraryThing account where I have one collection devoted to my books that I've yet to read - rather a lot of them (!!), and including pretty much all the other lists.

I have all the books I own on a single spreadsheet, but they're categorised by various subjects such as fiction, YA, nature and there are some authors I'd like to read all their books so they have their own categories too.  I've translated this onto my reading blog on the forum here, as well as adding some additional categories for a couple of book awards where I'll be reading the full list of nominations - Wainwright Prize for nature and travel writing and the Waterstones Children's Book Prize.

For my wishlist of books, I keep that mostly on Amazon although I don't buy all of them there, but it's a useful reference when I'm in a bookshop too, although I tend to be an impulse buyer rather than planning too much.

21 hours ago, willoyd said:

Any lists I keep of books that I want to read are at the front of my Book Blog thread - a few authors, a couple of different non-fiction series, and a couple of challenges.  I aslo have my LibraryThing account where I have one collection devoted to my books that I've yet to read - rather a lot of them (!!), and including pretty much all the other lists.

Thank you, Willoyd.  Glad there are so many of us addicted

6 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

I have all the books I own on a single spreadsheet, but they're categorised by various subjects such as fiction, YA, nature and there are some authors I'd like to read all their books so they have their own categories too.  I've translated this onto my reading blog on the forum here, as well as adding some additional categories for a couple of book awards where I'll be reading the full list of nominations - Wainwright Prize for nature and travel writing and the Waterstones Children's Book Prize.

For my wishlist of books, I keep that mostly on Amazon although I don't buy all of them there, but it's a useful reference when I'm in a bookshop too, although I tend to be an impulse buyer rather than planning too much.

Wow, you're organised, chesilbeach.  I'm speechless at all that.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, bobblybear said:

I just have one list, separated by the year my books were purchased. This is kept on my Kindle, and on the front of my Book Log (which shamefully I have yet to set up for 2018).

Again, I'm fascinated by how cleverly you all organize your books and reading.  I'm chaotic in comparison.