Hello

Manic Book Monkey

Hello everyone, :sign0144: I am so pleased to have stumbled upon this forum. I am looking forward to getting to know some fellow book lovers. Having had a quick look around the discussions this seems to be the place to be for recommendations & fun chatter. My TBR shelf is under threat of collapse so I will have to pace myself with the book buying !! :o  

Let the fun begin :D:D

Welcome here :)!

I symphatise with having a large TBR, a lot of us have that :giggle2:. Not sure if joining this forum will be doing you any favours in that regard (because of recommendations) :lol:. But, welcome here, I hope you have a lovely time :).

What kind of books do you like to read?

I've read a couple of books by Lisa Jewell (judging by your reading now thingy), but not yet any of her thrillers. I know Nollaig has read a thriller by her, but I can't remember which one it was (I suspect you'll see her around the forum).

Hi Athena, :thankyousigna2: for the welcome. I will read anything & everything :) but I do like a good thriller or an historical (Pillars of the Earth one of my favs) My current read is my 2nd Lisa Jewell & in really enjoying it (started this afternoon & in half way the ) Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

13 hours ago, Manic Book Monkey said:

Hi Athena, :thankyousigna2: for the welcome. I will read anything & everything :) but I do like a good thriller or an historical (Pillars of the Earth one of my favs) My current read is my 2nd Lisa Jewell & in really enjoying it (started this afternoon & in half way the ) Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Historical fiction is not my favourite genre at all but I LOVED The Pillars of the Earth. Quite a few people on here have read it and loved it. It's such a great book. I also liked World Without End a lot, but I haven't read A Column of Fire yet.

1 hour ago, Athena said:

Historical fiction is not my favourite genre at all but I LOVED The Pillars of the Earth. Quite a few people on here have read it and loved it. It's such a great book. I also liked World Without End a lot, but I haven't read A Column of Fire yet.

A Column of Fire is next, it is a large book so I thought if I get that off my shelf it will make room for at least 3 new ones !! :D:D (any excuse to buy more books! ):exc:

23 hours ago, Manic Book Monkey said:

A Column of Fire is next, it is a large book so I thought if I get that off my shelf it will make room for at least 3 new ones !! :D:D (any excuse to buy more books! ):exc:

It's always nice to have an excuse to buy more books :D!!