New to writing

WinstonCaulfield

Greetings all, 

I have recently quit my job and become a full time professional online poker player which has been my dream for a number years. I mention this because in my efforts to get this far I have spent a lot of my spare time studying and playing poker leaving not much time for anything else but now that I do not have to work as well I suddenly have a lot more free time. As a result of this I have finally started writing a story which has been floating around my head for quite a while and thought that I would find somewhere I could maybe share it and get some feedback. I hope this can be that place. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on poker forums analysing and discussing hands and I understand the impact this has had on my game, I can only imagine it would be the same with writing so I also look forward to reading what others have to offer and although my writing skills are extremely limited I would enjoy giving some feedback myself.

If anyone is interested in reading a sample of what I have so far I will gladly post it here or wherever is appropriate (I haven't really looked around the site too much yet)

Hi Winston, first off welcome to the forum! That is one humdinger of an intriguing introduction. I wish you well as a professional poker player. Can one make a living from that? It seems such a nerve wracking endeavour to be able to handle the ups and downs so calmly. 

Your modesty about your writing skills is noted.

There are some  published writers on here and a few would be writers (including me) so I would be interested to see what you got. But this is mainly a reading forum. Everyone is nice here.