Your Book Activity - February 2018

Athena

Finished The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher yesterday evening.  I still have The Ashes of London on the go, and am halfway through The Last Wilderness, but decided to start something light and easy at lunchtime, so I'm now reading Phantom Quartz by Barbra Annino for a bit of escapist fun :D 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just tried to compile a proper reading list for myself from the stupidly large piles of reading lists I've managed to scribble out over the years  so my first book to read is 'Empire of the Sun' by J G Ballard.  I've only read a couple of chapters so I've no idea if I'll like it enough to stay the course but I'd like to try because I'm not getting any younger and the lists are getting longer, they have to be controlled or one of us will die.  

• Athena unpinned this topic
On 25/02/2018 at 11:00 AM, chesilbeach said:

I’ve got that book on my TBR shelf, so I’m pleased to hear you’re enjoying it. I’ve only read one of her children’s books so far, but she’s been on my favourite book podcast a few times and I saw her at a Q&A for a British film about women in the Second World War, that was an influence for her book, Their Finest Hour and a Half which itself was then adapted into a film, so I want to read her novels too.

I’ve just finished reading Crooked Heart, and it was a lovely book! Just a beautifully written book, and now I’m a bit sad that it’s finished :/

I hope that Their Finest Hour and a Half is as good. I’ll read it next, before seeing the film. 

On 2/28/2018 at 6:09 PM, claudibee said:

I've just tried to compile a proper reading list for myself from the stupidly large piles of reading lists I've managed to scribble out over the years  so my first book to read is 'Empire of the Sun' by J G Ballard.  I've only read a couple of chapters so I've no idea if I'll like it enough to stay the course but I'd like to try because I'm not getting any younger and the lists are getting longer, they have to be controlled or one of us will die.  

"...one of use will die..." :lol:

I wasn't a big fan of Empire of the Sun. I struggled to finish it (and I also had to read it when I was in school), but I hope you enjoy it more than I did.  

On 3/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, bobblybear said:

"...one of use will die..." :lol:

I wasn't a big fan of Empire of the Sun. I struggled to finish it (and I also had to read it when I was in school), but I hope you enjoy it more than I did.  

I must say I'm not getting very far with it at the moment but I should try a bit harder.  Reading a book in school tended to put me off because we had to pull it apart so much and that spoiled the flow of reading for me.  Anyway, I'll carry on for a while or hurl it at the cat when she trips me up.  Thank you for replying, bobblybear.