What's Up in February? - 2018

Athena

Thanks Athena - weather not much better but nice to have a short break from the routine of work.

Hope Coran feels better soon, so many people have had a cold of some sort (including me) and it never seems to go completely.  Hope you have a fab time!

^ So this is your third cold? I've got a cold or flu, too, and it's my third! It's so annoying when one's just recovered and gotten back into normal life and daily rhythm and then it all starts again! 

I hope all you sick lot feel better soon! :flowers2:

Just now, frankie said:

^ So this is your third cold? I've got a cold or flu, too, and it's my third! It's so annoying when one's just recovered and gotten back into normal life and daily rhythm and then it all starts again! 

Second, recurrence of the one I had from last Wed-Sat or so. I'm the exact same, really irritates me. Lots of hot drinks and water! Sorry to hear you're on your third, that's rough. You feel better too :)

1 hour ago, Nollaig said:

I had a cold over the weekend and just before it, which began to ease off, but it's back with a vengence now. :roll: I'm just happy that it should be gone before I go to London Saturday week.

Oh no :(. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:!

1 hour ago, frankie said:

I'm sorry you've been sick so much :(, I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:!

I've been feeling a lot better so I think what I had a few days ago, was gladly just a 24-thing of feeling dreadful, and is now over (at least, I hope so!).

1 hour ago, Athena said:

I've been feeling a lot better so I think what I had a few days ago, was gladly just a 24-thing of feeling dreadful, and is now over (at least, I hope so!).

I'm glad you're feeling better and that yours was a quick 24 hour thing! :flowers2:

27 minutes ago, frankie said:

I'm glad you're feeling better and that yours was a quick 24 hour thing! :flowers2:

Thank you :friends3:! I was really glad it was over after 24 hours, I hadn't felt that terrible in a long time. I hope you and Noll feel better soon too :).

Glad you are feeling better Gaia.

I am definitely feeling better as I have no more work now until March 7th. I am off to Spain in the morning, spending 4 nights in Granada, 2 in Cordoba and then 4 in Seville. I have my ticket all booked for the Alhambra for Monday morning and hope to see as many GOT sights as possible in Cordoba and Seville. Although it is a bit colder than usual at this time of year it is still a lot warmer than here with temperatures of between 13 and 18 degrees. I am taking a bit of everything then, with shorts as well - just in case! 

I have to be at Gatwick at 6am as the flight is at 8, so it will be an early night for both of us. 

Not much planned for this weekend.  Went out for brunch (pancakes with caramelised bananas and maple syrup - delicious!) and run a few errands at the post office and library, and now back home in front of the fire with the curling from the Winter Olympics on the telly while I catch up here on the forum.  This afternoon will involve reading, reading and some more reading. :D 

My car broke down this morning on the way home from work after a nightshift. Fortunately I get free recovery with my services at the main dealer so I got home eventually even if it did take hours. Had so little sleep I have taken the night off work so I get an extra night on the sofa.

• Athena unpinned this topic