Hi from Somewhere near the Norfolk Broads

Trevor

Hi all, just thought I'd write a quick note.

I read mainly SciFi but can be found reading crime fiction and the the odd general fiction book. I mainly read paperbacks but do own a Kindle which I use for the odd purchase from Amazon and the occasional NetGalley request when granted. I also have the Overdrive app for borrowing electronically from my local library. This all means I'm rarely if ever found without reading material of one sort or another.

I did once start a review blog but found I wanted to read more than write my thoughts about what I read though I am grateful to those that do blog, I've found some fantastic reads that I would have otherwise missed if I hadn't read certain blogs.

Currently reading Old Man's War by John Scalzi

On 17/01/2018 at 7:48 AM, vodkafan said:

Welcome Trevor! Who are your favourite SF authors and stories? Have you ever read any Jack Vance?

Hello vodkafan.

Favourites are difficult to name mainly because I like so many but top of a long list would be Iain M Banks and his Culture series. Isaac Asimov for just about everything SF that he penned. Brian Aldiss, especially the Heliconia trilogy. Of course Heinlein and Dick are there along with several dozen others.

I've never read anything by Vance that I'm aware of which is no doubt my loss

21 hours ago, Trevor said:

Favourites are difficult to name mainly because I like so many but top of a long list would be Iain M Banks and his Culture series. Isaac Asimov for just about everything SF that he penned. Brian Aldiss, especially the Heliconia trilogy. Of course Heinlein and Dick are there along with several dozen others.

I've never read anything by Vance that I'm aware of which is no doubt my loss

I'm putting the Helliconia trilogy on my wishlist :D. I like the Culture novels (those I've read), and the Philip K. Dick books I've read. I've got a few books by Heinlein and Asimov but I haven't read those yet. Vodkafan (VF)'s favourite author is Vance, I've not read anything by him yet but I do own a few books by him.