What Are You Watching Now? - 2018

Athena

Have you watched any TV series or documentaties or other things lately? Tell us about it here :).

We've just finished watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine season 3, and will probably start season 4 in one of the next few days.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just watched Spiral, a French crime series, for  the first time, and really enjoyed it.

Also enjoyed the first part of The Miniaturist over the holidays (still have part 2 to watch), wasn't that impressed with Little Women, and might give up on McMafia (big new thriller series with James Norton, but I haven't got  the faintest idea what's going on!).

We're watching season 4 of The Blacklist, which we're enjoying, and last night we started watching The Sinner on Netflix. It's good so far - I don't think quite worth the rave reviews but I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens.

Hubby seems to be enjoying all the old 'Lost in Space' episodes. I often find him chortling away at how bad the acting is and the aliens...well you have to see them :giggle2:

I have chain watched the first two seasons of Stranger Things over the last couple of weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfectly captures the spirit of the 80s, but has a great story and some fantastic performances - especially from the kids.  The Goonies meets the X-Files, I cannot recommend it enough! 

Happily whiling the day away with M*A*S*H season 6.

I am more than slightly addicted to M*A*S*H, I have all 11 seasons on collectors edition DVD's and I probably watch 1 season a week on a rolling from 1 to 11 then start over.

Yesterday evening I watch episode 1 of the Rebecka Martinsson Arctic Murders series. The series is based on the books by Asa Larsson whose books I have enjoyed. The series is Swedish and I thought the first episode was superb. For anyone in the UK interested, it is shown on channel 4 but it is also available online on the channel 4 on demand system for free.

On 31/01/2018 at 8:43 AM, Brian. said:

Yesterday evening I watch episode 1 of the Rebecka Martinsson Arctic Murders series. The series is based on the books by Asa Larsson whose books I have enjoyed. The series is Swedish and I thought the first episode was superb. For anyone in the UK interested, it is shown on channel 4 but it is also available online on the channel 4 on demand system for free.

Ooh, goody, I saw that in the schedules and have been wondering about giving it a go. :)

4 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Right behind you with Spiral - the next Euro crime series is Modus, which looks quite good.

Ditto. I caught a bit of the trailer for it today, looks worth a go. :)

Just watched the first in the new season of Endeavour- very good. :) I also got up to date with the Orville and the Librarians. :)

15 hours ago, More reading time required said:

Yep, we're fans of this too. It's really rather funny. :)

Any favorite characters you have? I'm still on the fence. I liked Richard to begin with but now I find him a bit boring and annoying. Erlich is funny! 

On 04/02/2018 at 5:24 PM, Little Pixie said:

Loved it too ! :D

I’m 1/3 of Series 2 of Lucifer now. Still loving it! 

On 04/02/2018 at 10:13 PM, Little Pixie said:

Just watched the first in the new season of Endeavour- very good. :) 

I thought it was a bit of a shock! Especially with the gore.... And Morse and Fred Thursday seem to have become more.... hard and bitter... I hope things get better! :wibbly: