What Are You Watching Now? - 2018

Athena

6 hours ago, Madeleine said:

They're also repeating Outlander on More 4, very late though!  But at least it means they'll be showing the second series.

It was only by chance that I saw Timeless was starting again, as it hasn't been publicised at all.

I haven`t decided if I`ll watch Outlander S2 - I may see how many other things I `have` to watch at the time. :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, frankie said:

I've reached the last season of The Office, I don't want it to end :(

I've just started watching Season One. :)

I've also started watching The Rain on Netflix. It's ok....it'll pass the time. 

On 17/05/2018 at 10:43 AM, Madeleine said:

They're also repeating Outlander on More 4, very late though!  But at least it means they'll be showing the second series.

It was only by chance that I saw Timeless was starting again, as it hasn't been publicised at all.

How annoying! I didn't know either. :angry: Normally I pick these things up in the Radio Times, but it wasn't mentioned.  

Comedy Central recently started showing Gilmore Girls again from the beginning, so I've been trying to watch them all again - missed a few at the beginning and a few more in the middle of series 1 when my hard disk recorder failed to record while we were away for a week, but if I can find the DVDs (our house is still in the chaos of redecorating) I might try and catch up with the ones I've missed at some point.  Absolutely loving be back in Stars Hollow :) 

On 26/05/2018 at 12:09 AM, chesilbeach said:

Comedy Central recently started showing Gilmore Girls again from the beginning, so I've been trying to watch them all again - missed a few at the beginning and a few more in the middle of series 1 when my hard disk recorder failed to record while we were away for a week, but if I can find the DVDs (our house is still in the chaos of redecorating) I might try and catch up with the ones I've missed at some point.  Absolutely loving be back in Stars Hollow :) 

Yay! :)

I've been binge-watching The Big Bang Theory from the beginning. I'm up to season 7. :)

I've been watching the remake mini series of Picnic At Hanging Rock. I read the book by Joan Lindsay a long time ago, which I think is fortunate as I have only vague recollections of the story. The series, according to reviews, differs from the book in several ways and has a lot more detail. It's quite an eerie story and beautifully filmed.

On 29/05/2018 at 7:12 PM, poppy said:

I've been watching the remake mini series of Picnic At Hanging Rock. I read the book by Joan Lindsay a long time ago, which I think is fortunate as I have only vague recollections of the story. The series, according to reviews, differs from the book in several ways and has a lot more detail. It's quite an eerie story and beautifully filmed.

I'm looking forward to watching this! I haven't yet read the book, but I've seen the original movie several times. My dad loved that movie—particularly the pipe music. :)

Just seen that BBC2 are going to be showing it in the UK, so it sounds intriguing.  I did find the film dragged a bit, so I hope the TV series doesn't do the same.

23 hours ago, Kylie said:

I'm looking forward to watching this! I haven't yet read the book, but I've seen the original movie several times. My dad loved that movie—particularly the pipe music. :)

Think you'll enjoy it Kylie. Has Natalie Dormer, who played Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones, as the nasty headmistress.

13 hours ago, poppy said:

Think you'll enjoy it Kylie. Has Natalie Dormer, who played Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones, as the nasty headmistress.

I'm sure she'll be great in it!

Is anyone else watching The Handmaid's Tale? It's utterly brilliant!

On 3.3.2018 at 10:43 PM, bobblybear said:

I keep meaning to start this. It's been on my Netflix List for ages. 

This is re: the Kimmy Schmidt show. I started watching it, because of 'Erin', obviously :D But it was went so overboard in my opinion... :D It was so cooky!! :D I tried watching it again, recently, and it didn't stick. Too bad! I really like Ellie Kemper, but the Kimmy thing was a bit too much for me! I hope you might like it, though!!

On 20.5.2018 at 2:14 PM, bobblybear said:

I've just started watching Season One. :)

Is it just as good as it was before? I'm still so happy you started watching it and that you liked it so much!! :smile2: I watched the finale episode this week and I'm so sad that it's over :(:(:(  :D

On 29.5.2018 at 12:12 PM, poppy said:

Oooh! I think Kylie told me about this book and the real events! I want to read the book! I started it one time ages ago but there were so many characters I got confused and put the book down. I wonder if I should try and watch the TV series instead, if I get the opportunity. 

On 1.6.2018 at 3:20 PM, Kylie said:

Is anyone else watching The Handmaid's Tale? It's utterly brilliant!

I'm so happy you're enjoying it! :smile2: I've not watched it, I'm at a place in life where I don't want to watch this kind of stuff as it's too depressing, but maybe at a later time! :smile2:

I'm now on the third season of GoT, we'll be watching some eps tomorrow with BF.  I don't think I have any other series hanging at the moment :o

Almost finished Timeless, one more ep to watch and more ep on this week., it's been Ok, a bit uneven but fun.  After that I won't have anything on my planner, apart from Gardeners world!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Talisman said:

Is anyone else watching Handmaids Tale? 

I watched the original move back in the late 80's I think it was. That was more than enough for me. 

Currently binging on Shannara Chronicles. It's a really good series but I am finding a lot of LOTR's element in it. No matter. It's only two seasons or 20 episodes. We're down 13 episodes already and we only started it yesterday, lol!

1 hour ago, Virginia said:

Currently binging on Shannara Chronicles. It's a really good series but I am finding a lot of LOTR's element in it. No matter. It's only two seasons or 20 episodes. We're down 13 episodes already and we only started it yesterday, lol!

Ooh, enjoyed that too ! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've moved on to season 6 of GoT. Can't wait to watch more, but it'll have to wait till next weekend :(

I'm watching the third season of The Mindy Project. Loving all The Office cast members who are popping up :D

I'm also watching Elementary, I've started season 2. 

For the first time in a while, there's nothing on TV that I'm watching regularly, so HBO and Netflix are my friends! 

Before I started my new job and moved, I was re-watching Parks & Recreation, which is maybe my all-time favorite show. We're still trying to settle in, and with my new commute, I don't have a ton of time to watch what I want, but BF and I are on season 2 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, so we're watching a few episodes of that at night. So funny, and I LOVE Andy Samberg!

• 2 weeks later...

I've now watched all 7 seasons of Game of Thrones! I loved it!! :smile2: I'm so so annoyed that I now have to wait a whole year to get to the new season! And while I'm annoyed, I'm also aware that I was super lucky to be able to watch the first 7 seasons in a row, instead of watching the show right from the start and every year needing to wait for the next season. I got lucky!! Oooh I can now read the thread what with all the spoilers!! :smile2:

I'm still watching The Mindy Project. I also started watching The Fourth Estate. I started and finish the first season of Friends from College which I thoroughly enjoyed! 

Oh and I started watching Jack Taylor because of Iain Glen :giggle2:

Edit: I almost forgot! I started watching Sharp Objects on HBO! I loved the novel and I love Amy Adams so obviously when I heard of the show and the cast I was going to watch it. I really liked the first two episodes and want to see more! I was also happy to see Chris Messina on the show (he's on The Mindy Project) and Elizabeth Perkins! :smile2:

Edited by frankie