What Are You Watching Now? - 2018

Athena

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Virginia said:

Someone PLEASE explain to me WHY I'm always late to the party?  Why is it that its 2018 and I'm JUST beginning season 1 of Gilmore Girls?! I could KICK myself with cowgirl boots with spurs on!

LOL! Don't feel bad! I tried to get into that show and never could.

On 10.3.2018 at 11:49 PM, Virginia said:

Someone PLEASE explain to me WHY I'm always late to the party?  Why is it that its 2018 and I'm JUST beginning season 1 of Gilmore Girls?! I could KICK myself with cowgirl boots with spurs on!

You're in for an amazing ride!! :smile2:

I've now started the fourth season of The Office. I'm loving it! :smile2:

I finished watched Death in Paradise series 7 (which was really good) and yesterday I watched the first episode (of season 1) of The Bridge / Bron / Broen (it was pretty good, I look forward to see more).

I love the Bridge, one of my favourite series ever!  hope you like it.

Did anyone watch Requiem (BBC1 on Fridays?).  I thought it started off Ok, and then it dragged on and on, finally finished last night, basically that was 6 hours I will never get back!

I didn't know there was a series 4! Good to know :D. I hope it'll be out in a while so you and others can watch it (and preferably a DVD/ Blu-ray release with English subtitles so that my boyfriend and I can watch it too).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, More reading time required said:

Comedy wise, I'm watching Mum (very sweet)

Just watched this again recently and really enjoyed it too. Funny characters :)

Been watching a series of Doc Martin I hadn't seen before. Made me wonder how Doc Martin and House would have gotten on if they met :lol:

7 hours ago, poppy said:

Been watching a series of Doc Martin I hadn't seen before. Made me wonder how Doc Martin and House would have gotten on if they met :lol:

:lol::lol: My brain can't get itself around this!! :D  

I've been watching The League of Gentlemen, it's been a very odd ride! :D

On ‎2‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, frankie said:

:lol::lol: My brain can't get itself around this!! :D  

They play such different characters to themselves. In real life, I imagine they'd get on very well. Martin Clunes was in at least one episode of Jeeves and Wooster where Hugh Laurie played Jeeves, so they do know one another.   But you can imagine the fireworks if they met in character :giggle2:

On 4.4.2018 at 2:25 AM, poppy said:

They play such different characters to themselves. In real life, I imagine they'd get on very well. Martin Clunes was in at least one episode of Jeeves and Wooster where Hugh Laurie played Jeeves, so they do know one another.   But you can imagine the fireworks if they met in character :giggle2:

This is so funny...  I've watched Jeeves & Wooster when I was younger, and so I knew/know both of the actors. And yet, the latest I've seen of Laurie is in House, and thus I'd kind of come to remember him to be an American :blush::blush:  :lol:   And I was kind of like, how odd for Laurie to be in something Clunes was in, as Laurie is an American... :blush::lol::lol::lol: I must have my brain tested! I do wonder if I've seen the episodes Clunes was in. I can't think that I have, but maybe I have! 

Imagine if the two doctors agreed! If they got each other from the get-go! :o:D

Edit:  Hugh Laurie has such a convincing American accent in my humble opinion. It's so convincing! What an overall amazing talent man he is! Talent man! Man of talent! And a fair sight to the eyes, too! :P

Edited by frankie

On 02/04/2018 at 9:31 AM, frankie said:

I've been watching The League of Gentlemen, it's been a very odd ride! :D

It is a very strange programme but I still love it. :) We caught up with the most recent 3 part series a few months ago. 

And @Madeleine, I saw Requiem too and I kinda concur! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deep State - up to ep 5 now, very good.

Salamander ( Belgian cop conspiracy thriller ) S2 - two eps to go. :)

Started Lifeline, looks good so far - Spanish thriller.

Rebecka Martinsson - Based on the Asa Larsson books, mysteries set in Kiruna, the North of Sweden - really liked it, hope they make more eps. :D

Homeland - 2 eps behind - liking the season now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yay to Montalbano!

Enjoyed Midsomer Murders although I lost the plot a bit towards the end, only Midsomer could have a storyline which combined Jane Austen with drone deliveries.

I'm a couple of episodes behind but I've been catching up with Timeless, after a slow start it's picked up now - just watched the Salem Witches episode.

Enjoyed the first episode of the new series of The Bridge, although a catch-up would have been useful.  Luckily a work colleague only got round to watching the last episode of the previous series a few weeks ago, so she updated me on how it finished.

Not much else on at the moment.  Innocent is quite good and The Split finally perked up a bit last night.

12 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I'm a couple of episodes behind but I've been catching up with Timeless, after a slow start it's picked up now - just watched the Salem Witches episode.

Enjoyed the first episode of the new series of The Bridge, although a catch-up would have been useful.  Luckily a work colleague only got round to watching the last episode of the previous series a few weeks ago, so she updated me on how it finished.

Not much else on at the moment.  Innocent is quite good and The Split finally perked up a bit last night.

I completely forgot about Timeless. I`ll have to catch up when they do repeats. :)

They're also repeating Outlander on More 4, very late though!  But at least it means they'll be showing the second series.

It was only by chance that I saw Timeless was starting again, as it hasn't been publicised at all.

Edited by Madeleine