What Are You Watching Now? - 2018

Athena

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Oh yes, it's a pain when the new RT comes out and you haven't yet watched the show from the previous week, they should be more considerate about  that.  It used to happen all the time with 24.

I should have learnt by now, not to look at the RT blurbs. :rolleyes:

Watched Gardens of Words, and Five Centimetres Per Second. Oh my, they were so good, especially FCPS. The storylines were good, but it’s the beautiful artwork, is amazing.  It’s the light! (*o*) 

On 20/1/2018 at 11:01 PM, Raven said:

I have chain watched the first two seasons of Stranger Things over the last couple of weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfectly captures the spirit of the 80s, but has a great story and some fantastic performances - especially from the kids.  The Goonies meets the X-Files, I cannot recommend it enough! 

Same for me, I absolutely adored it!

At the moment, I'm binge watching Bron/Broen. I'm on the third season now. I've seen the first season of The Tunnel (the British/French version) and the two seasons of The Bridge (the American version). Enjoying it greatly! I never thought I'd like Henrik, and while I do miss Martin at times, Henrik's not so bad!

12 hours ago, Alexander the Great said:

At the moment, I'm binge watching Bron/Broen. I'm on the third season now. I've seen the first season of The Tunnel (the British/French version) and the two seasons of The Bridge (the American version). Enjoying it greatly! I never thought I'd like Henrik, and while I do miss Martin at times, Henrik's not so bad!

I just bought the Bridge (the Swedish/Danish original) two weeks ago and am planning on watching it when we feel in the mood. I've heard good things :).

My favorite shows of the moment are:

Last Man on Earth

Stranger Things

Last Week Tonight

SNL (watching that now...for some reason as it's only 9:30)

Cosmos (Neil DeGrasse Tyson version)

Supersizers (been watching on YouTube)

On 3/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, bobblybear said:

I keep meaning to start this. It's been on my Netflix List for ages. 

It's pretty good. Very cheesy, and that includes the main actress's exaggerated acting, but there's some good humor in it too.

We're all caught up on The Good Place (which is getting seriously involved, it started out really comedic in season 1, and there's still a little humor at times, mostly silly humor in the form of Jason being dumb, but it's actually quite emotionally involved and tense at times now. I absolutely love it! 

As we're caught up on that, we've started I Zombie too. Good so far!