The Last Film You Saw - 2018

Athena

On 08/06/2018 at 12:38 AM, Raven said:

Spirited Away

For the first time in quite a long time, and it's been far too long! I may have to go on a Ghibli retrospective now!

Ooh, I’ve just seen that Film4’s Studio Ghibli series this month :exc:. I will set the DVD for all of the following weeks!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/08/2018 at 2:52 PM, Athena said:

I quite liked this film when I saw it last year around Halloween time. Did you like it?

I did. I have seen it a few times. The first time I was quite young and it freaked me out. 

Spoiler

A whole in the stomach and you survive?! Haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Caught up with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom at the weekend - easily the worst of the franchise so far, although it was kind of teetering on "so bad it is good" territory.  Clearly a set up for the next film in the series, though god knows where that will go!

Watched most of San Andreas the other night, typical action/disaster movie, probably not the most sensitive film to be on TV given what's going on in California at the moment, silly but watchable (and completely unbelievable as well).

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to watch two films over the holiday:

The Greatest showman - after a very schmaltzy first half hour, I quite enjoyed it, the set pieces were really good and the songs weren't bad.

Star Wars - The Force Awakens - the first of the reboots, which I really enjoyed.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:03 PM, Madeleine said:

Star Wars - The Force Awakens - the first of the reboots, which I really enjoyed.

I watched this as well, and still enjoyed it, despite having the mess that is The Last Jedi running through my head for most of it...

17 hours ago, Athena said:

We've recently watched Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Infinity War (I enjoyed both of those). Tonight we're planning on seeing Antman and the Wasp.

You seem to have a similar watch list this Christmas to me!  I watched Avengers the night before last and have Antman and the Wasp to watch tonight!

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

You seem to have a similar watch list this Christmas to me!  I watched Avengers the night before last and have Antman and the Wasp to watch tonight!

That's awesome :D! I hope you enjoy Antman and the Wasp tonight :).

• 2 months later...

There are lots of movies here I haven't seen yet but thanks you guys so much for suggestions. My last one was Scream 4 and I did have some great scream from that LOL. Most of movies I get are from the apknite 247 movies. Got to say that scream mask is brilliant iconic, I have met at least 5 people in that mask the last Halloween😂 . Gonna check for most of you guys' list and have some terrific enjoying time. Thanks 

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Raven said:

I watched that last week as well.

Reveal hidden contents

The bit where they defeat the bad guys with rock music is poor... but otherwise enjoyable.

And Star Trek last night.

I know! :giggle2: There was a good amount of wit in the dialogue that was fun. It was the perfect film for the mood I was in when I watched it. I think they have done a pretty good job so far with these prequel films so far and have managed to create good stories around characters we already feel we know. A thumbs up from me! 

3 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I know! :giggle2: There was a good amount of wit in the dialogue that was fun. It was the perfect film for the mood I was in when I watched it. I think they have done a pretty good job so far with these prequel films so far and have managed to create good stories around characters we already feel we know. A thumbs up from me! 

I think they have generally been good, but I didn't like parts of Into Darkness because it traded (badly) on parts of the far superior Wrath of Khan (also, Kirk and Spock were still getting to know each other in that film, so the way it played out just didn't make sense).

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, Chrissy said:

Thinking back I would agree. Are there to be more of the 'prequels' do you know?

Not looking hopeful at the moment. 

There was a 4th film in the pipe, featuring the return of Kirk's dad (aka Chris Hemsworth) but that looks to have been shelved.

There is also the possibility that there might be a Tarantino written film at some point, but as far as I know there hasn't been any movement on that for a while, either.

There is a limited run TV series centered around Picard that will be released on Amazon Prime (in the UK) later this year, however...