The Last Film You Saw - 2018

Athena

6 hours ago, Nollaig said:

I was thinking of Widow when i said that, even though I'm fairly indifferent to her and Cap. But I'd still take them over any GotG characters. I like Stark and Banner and Paul Bettany's face.  Also love Black Panther, but he's not core.

I suspect the characters who had less to do in this film will probably have more prominent roles in the next film.

Spoiler

Especially given the way this film panned out!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Raven said:

I suspect the characters who had less to do in this film will probably have more prominent roles in the next film.

Hide contents

Especially given the way this film panned out!

Spoiler

Except those who are really gone, like Vision. Honestly, the scene with him and Wanda was the darkest most devastating part of the film for me. I have a soft spot for them, as House of M and Decimation (X-Men comics) were the first real comics I ever read, and the arc was spawned from the 'death' of their children driving Wanda insane. It's like seeing part of the origins of my interest in the comic world coming to life on the screen, although obviously with his death and the fact that its an X-Men arc, it doesn't exist in the movie universe. But their romance is where that arc started.

2 hours ago, Nollaig said:

Hide contents

Except those who are really gone, like Vision. Honestly, the scene with him and Wanda was the darkest most devastating part of the film for me. I have a soft spot for them, as House of M and Decimation (X-Men comics) were the first real comics I ever read, and the arc was spawned from the 'death' of their children driving Wanda insane. It's like seeing part of the origins of my interest in the comic world coming to life on the screen, although obviously with his death and the fact that its an X-Men arc, it doesn't exist in the movie universe. But their romance is where that arc started.

Spoiler

I wouldn't count anyone completely out at this point.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:29 PM, Raven said:

Hide contents

I wouldn't count anyone completely out at this point.

Spoiler

Really? They've said that those who are dead are staying dead. I.e Loki and Vision. Anyone sucked into the soul stone (including Gamora) can/will come back. But I think Loki and Vision are definitely done.

In the build up to Infinity War, I saw Dr Strange & Civil War for the first time, which I both enjoyed. Then true to form, when I went to the cinema, I fell asleep through a lot of it! :rolleyes: Damn those comfy Showcase reclining chairs! :lol:  I enjoyed what I saw, I just know I will need to watch it again when it comes out on Blu-ray/now tv.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Nollaig said:

Hide contents

Really? They've said that those who are dead are staying dead. I.e Loki and Vision. Anyone sucked into the soul stone (including Gamora) can/will come back. But I think Loki and Vision are definitely done.

Spoiler

I've not been following any comments from "They've" (don't know who they are, sound like a disreputable rabble to me!) but given there is a time travel stone, I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Edited by Raven

Watched Jurassic World on Saturday to avoid Eurovision!  Fun popcorn movie, although any suspense as to who survived was marred by having a trailer for the next film in the first commercial break!

22 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Watched Jurassic World on Saturday to avoid Eurovision!  Fun popcorn movie, although any suspense as to who survived was marred by having a trailer for the next film in the first commercial break!

:o I am shocked, how stupid :doh:!

Solo: A Star Wars Story.  I enjoyed it, but I'm easily pleased, and not that invested in the films as a die-hard fan would be.  It's a bit slow in places, and as is my bugbear with a lot of films, it's too dark for too much of the film (dark as in brightness not tone) which makes it difficult to see the details.  On first viewing I enjoyed it more than my first viewing of Rogue One but I think in the long run, Rogue One will stand up to more repeated viewings for me (and has grown on me more each time I've seen it), but I guess time will tell!

On 5/12/2018 at 12:23 AM, Raven said:

Hide contents

I've not been following any comments from "They've" (don't know who they are, sound like a disreputable rabble to me!) but given there is a time travel stone, I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Directors, producers, writers some pair from one of those teams.

Most recently seen films: Deadpool 2, The Expendables, and The Secret Life of Pets.

Fantastic, brain-meltingly not my kind of thing, and bizzarely dark and unsuitable for kids, in that order.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 3:01 PM, chesilbeach said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story.  I enjoyed it, but I'm easily pleased, and not that invested in the films as a die-hard fan would be.  It's a bit slow in places, and as is my bugbear with a lot of films, it's too dark for too much of the film (dark as in brightness not tone) which makes it difficult to see the details.  On first viewing I enjoyed it more than my first viewing of Rogue One but I think in the long run, Rogue One will stand up to more repeated viewings for me (and has grown on me more each time I've seen it), but I guess time will tell!

I completely understand the 'dark film' comment.  I don't understand why films are so dark in the cinema. The Force Awakens was dreadful, you couldn't see any detail when Rey was exploring the crashed Star Destroyer, but on Blu-ray it was fine. 

Keeping up with the Joneses  - an American  comedy with Isla Fisher and the bearded bloke from The Hangover as a couple who are keen to make friends with their new  glamorous neighbours  (Gail Gadot and Jon Hamm) who have just moved in. However they become suspicious when the newcomers are just too perfect.  This was OK, more amusing than laugh out loud hilarious but had some funny moments.

The last movie I saw was probably Deadpool 2, which I really enjoyed...however, we saw it in the theater, which I don't enjoy. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...