The Last Film You Saw - 2018

Athena

On 20 February 2018 at 5:19 PM, frankie said:

I watched It's Complicated today. It was good. 

A friend and I watched this at the cinema when it came out years ago...the scene where he is posing on the bed naked with the laptop in fromt of him, we nearly wet ourselves laughing! :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Testament To Youth.  Conditions and trench warfare were particularly hellish. WWI was supposed to be the war to end all wars but we don't seem to have made much progress. Didn't recognise Kit Harrington as one of the main characters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.3.2018 at 10:39 PM, chaliepud said:

A friend and I watched this at the cinema when it came out years ago...the scene where he is posing on the bed naked with the laptop in fromt of him, we nearly wet ourselves laughing! :D

Yep, that was hilarious!! :lol::lol:   I've recommended the movie to my boss, I think she'll be watching it next week! :D

I haven't watched any more movies recently, but I'm hoping to watch Elling today!

I was off sick for two days last week so I had a bit of a Now tv film binge.

Get Out - rather sinister

Zootropolis - really good

Hidden Figures - amazing

Assassin's Creed - not so good, but it did give me a brief nostalgic feeling for the game

Wednesday, my son was off sick too and I had a bad migraine on top of my cold so I ended up sleeping through the only film I was bothered about seeing, which was Sing. :rolleyes: The rest of the time he chose Disneys I'd already seen, and then Jurassic Park and Jumanji, whereas I was hoping to watch something new I'd not seen (other than bits here and there), like Moana or Finding Dory. 😒

Coran and I went to see A Wrinkle in Time last weekend, which was really good. I suspect that a lot of people though wouldn't get it at all or have a clue what it's really about.  

Finally got to watch A Monster Calls at home, now that other half has finished reading the book.  Loved it just as much as when I saw it in the cinema, but I blubbed A LOT again.  However, it's been quite a while since I read the book and OH informs me that it's very different, and has lost all the subtlety as well as one of the main characters, so he preferred the book, but did still enjoy the film as a completely different entity.

I watched Annihilation.  I haven't read the book it was based on, but I thought the film was very poor. Characters don't act in logical ways and there are a lot of things that are just plot devices that don't make any kind of sense. I also guessed the ending about half way through. So altogether about 3.5 out of 10.

On 4/3/2018 at 5:20 PM, vodkafan said:

I watched Annihilation.  I haven't read the book it was based on, but I thought the film was very poor. Characters don't act in logical ways and there are a lot of things that are just plot devices that don't make any kind of sense. I also guessed the ending about half way through. So altogether about 3.5 out of 10.

I really liked it. I mean, it was a B movie, but I really liked it. Love the book, which is quite different. I like the ideas behind the film more than the characters, who were very flat. The film actually explains whats happening, whereas the book doesn't, so really I kind of like imagining the movie's explanation is in the case in the book, which is better developed (to an extent). The book still has flaws, and like the film, the biggest draw is the mystery of Area X. The film could have been way better, to be fair. It was a weird mix of the source material and an idea Alex Garland had, without really fleshing out either. 

I watched the new IT last week, and loved it so much I forced BF to watch it with me a few days later. Now I'm re-reading the book (I never finished it before) and waiting impatiently for next September when Chapter 2 comes out!

I hope you enjoy the book :)! I haven't seen the new version yet, though I did buy it but we haven't got around to watching it yet (I've not had the energy and not been in the mood). Glad to hear you liked it :).