Gyre's Classic Odyssey

Weave

2.gif

I can finally start a classic thread to call my own! :D

I have a few classics to read, so here goes.

Currently reading:

Orlando by Virginia Woolf

To be Read:

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

Emma by Jane Austen

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

Read so far:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

A Room with A View by E M Forster

Currently reading:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

To be Read:

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

You have some treats in store there Paula - happy reading!

PS. love the smilies too

You have some treats in store there Paula - happy reading!

PS. love the smilies too

Judy, what did you like better?:jump:

Difficult one as they are all good reads - I think though that Wuthering Heights is probably my favourite out of those. It's so moody, the characters are so self-destructive (which I found frustrating) and I always have very strong images of it in my mind.

Did you enjoy Jane Eyre, Paula? I loved that one. I'm very pleased to have read it and I think I'll most likely read it again at some point in the future.

Did you enjoy Jane Eyre, Paula? I loved that one. I'm very pleased to have read it and I think I'll most likely read it again at some point in the future.

I loved it Kell, it did take me awhile to get into it, but once I did I just thought it was a lovely book and Jane was a great character, very aware of flaws, etc, which I admit annoyed me at times because she was so much more than what she thought she was.

And the end!! oh I am just gushing now..:lol:

And the end!! oh I am just gushing now..:lol:
Have you read The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde? If you haven't, you really should! Now that you've read Jane Eyre, you'll REALLY get all the ins and outs, and all the little references to the novel. I think you'll love it!

Have you read The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde? If you haven't, you really should! Now that you've read Jane Eyre, you'll REALLY get all the ins and outs, and all the little references to the novel. I think you'll love it!

Funny you should say that, my friend is sending me her copy, I am looking forward to reading it. x

• 2 weeks later...

I finished 'Wuthering Heights', it sounds silly but I am really proud of myself, this time last year I would never have thought of reading a classic x

I just started reading 'A Room with a View' by E.M. Forster:D

You finished it already? I've only finished chapter 2! Right enough I'm listening to it on my iPod while I walk to and from work, but crikey! You must have been going like the clappers!

You finished it already? I've only finished chapter 2! Right enough I'm listening to it on my iPod while I walk to and from work, but crikey! You must have been going like the clappers!

Its not a very big book and I was off work the last two days so I was reading all the time. :censored: