What's Up in January 2018

chesilbeach

2 hours ago, Nollaig said:

Partner confirmed he's got the time off for going to London, yay! My wench costume (we're going to a medieval banquet) should arrive today. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it fits - it's a few inches shy on the waist as I'm a bit of a barrel but if it stretches at all it will hopefully be okay. It's going to be massive on the bust, but I'm used to that! Once it either stretches, or I can find a way to adjust it, I'll be happy :D

So glad it's Friday. Happy weekend!

I hope your costume fits :)! Happy weekend to you too!

My brother just phoned me up unexpectedly and we had a great talk :).

Edited by Athena

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not done much this weekend.  Went up to my cousin's yesterday morning for a couple of hours which was lovely, although her youngest (my goddaughter) was just going out to a birthday party when I got there, so didn't see much of her.  The rest of the weekend has been mostly reading and will probably carry on that way too, but nowt wrong with that! :D 

Did a very muddy evening walk last night, only a short one but hard work!  Not much today, planted a few more bulbs in a tub in the garden as they'd started sprouting, they've got all mixed up so I'm not sure what they are though!  A few crocuses have opened out as well which look nice.

I can't believe it's February tomorrow, which in the Pagan calendar is Imbolc, the first day of spring. It might still be chilly but the flowers are starting to come through in the garden at work. We have a carpet of crocuses near the swimming pool and loads of daffodils in the walled garden with various other things whose names I don't know.

It has been a mega busy few weeks at work with only two of us and loads of extra work due to various health and environmental inspections. Thankfully we will be back to normal tomorrow when my third cleaner who has been of sick with flu returns to work. It has been tiring and at times stressful, the fact that I am not sleeping that well at the moment hasn't helped, but it is a day nearer the weekend and only three weeks to go until my next holiday, so things could be worse. I know there are plenty who would be very grateful to have my job so won't complain too much. :)

• Athena unpinned this topic