frankie

Frankie reads 2018

Congrats on the mojo return and the new books. :D  I got a charity shop copy of Fangirl recently, looking forward to reading it ( eventually ). I wouldn`t have known about the book, if it hadn`t been mentioned on BCF. :) 

13 hours ago, frankie said:

I've gotten my mojo back! :D At least for now!   After the Manson book, I read Fiona Barton's The Widow in only a few days!! :smile2:  I didn't want to put the book down!! And then I started reading The Cold Song by Linn Ullmann and I only have maybe 60 pages left, and I've really enjoyed this one, too!! :smile2: I'm so happy!! 

My initial plan was to read Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine after the Manson book, and I did start it, but I couldn't remember most of what I had read the next day! :(  I did like what I was reading when I was reading it, but the story just didn't stick in my mind. I think it has to do with me having read a huge non-fiction book in English, and I just had to read something in Finnish. I read The Widow in Finnish and I'm reading The Cold Song in Finnish too. I just needed something in my own language for a change. I'm sure I'll be able to get back to English novels any time now :)

Although, I have borrowed the latest Herman Koch book from the library! I do want to read that one, too. (It's in Finnish.) 

Yay for you having your mojo back :D!!

I get about wanting to read something in your own language, I need a mix of reading Dutch and English books.

12 hours ago, frankie said:

I forgot: 

Since my last post I've acquired a few books.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - a book swap book. I've read the book before, wanted to have it as I will re-read it at some point

Jännittääkö? by Kari Aavasto, Pia Kaulio and Sirpa Syrjälä - a book about being anxious and stuff. A charity shop find. 

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts - A charity shop find. A few friends have recommended this to me. Quite a heavy novel :D

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - A charity shop find. I was so happy to find this!! I loved reading the book a few years ago, I devoured the whole thing. It's not for everyone, and it won't be my favorite novel ever, or even in the top 100, but it was such a great read at the time :smile2: I hope to enjoy it once again!

The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain - A charity shop find. I've read some positive reviews of this novel and so I had to buy it :) 

Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter - A charity shop find. I've borrowed the book from the library a few times but I never managed to read it. Now I can read the book whenever :)

Yay for new books :D!! Great finds!