Athena's Reading List 2018

Athena

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some mini-reviews of the books I've read the past week.

Loes den Hollander - Voorbedacht
This is a literary thriller by Loes den Hollander, about a woman whose child disappears, her boyfriend disappears at the same time. I found the book to be a quick read, it had short chapters and I wanted to keep reading it.

Dylan Haegens, Marit Brugman and Rick Vermeulen - Dylan Haegens Stripboek
I bought this because I watch videos of these people on YouTube. This comic book has a lot of short comics in it, and I liked most of them and I also liked the illustration style.

Anne Frank, Ari Folman, David Polonsky - Het Achterhuis
This is the graphic novel of Anne Frank's diary. I thought it was quite well done. Of course, it loses a little bit from the actual diary, but I still really felt for Anne and what happened to her, and even though I'd read the diary before, the graphic novel did make me think. I liked the illustrations.

Megan McDonald (ill. Peter Reynolds) - Fleur Humeur 5: Fleur Humeur wordt dokter (Judy Moody 5: Doctor Judy Moody)
I read this based on the recommendation of a good friend. I quite liked it, it was funny in some places.

Today marks my 5-year BCF anniversary :D!! So in honour of that I thought I'd write a little piece about how much BCF means to me.

When I first visited this forum, I was looking for a forum to discuss books with other people. I googled on 'book forum' and BCF was one of the first hits. I found a very friendly community on here and I loved it. I've found several friends though this forum, and I'm very grateful for all of you lovely people. I love talking with all of you (not just about books, also about other stuff). I love going on this forum every day and reading all the new posts. I love going on the forum and post my thoughts about books I've read or other topics that interest me. A lot of you know about my autism and sometimes about my ADD and are very supportive and understanding. That to me is a rare occurance, as sometimes in real life some people in my past have not always been so understanding. I love the friendly culture of our forum. I love that we all can have our book (b)logs and post about what we read. It feels very personal.

In these 5 years it seems I have made 17,016 posts (which will be 17,017 when I post this). But what's way more important, is that I've made a lot of good friends on here. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for this forum and the lovely people on here and those I met through here.

Anyway.. that's a lot of rambliness to basically say that I love this place and I love you all :hug:.

2 hours ago, Madeleine said:

That's lovely, Athena, happy 5th anniversary!

Thanks Madeleine :). Every year so far I realised it was my anniversary a few days late, so I was determined to remember it on the date this year!