willoyd

Round Robin Year-long Challenge

Thanks @Ben for your challenge to read 11.22.63.

I’ve been putting this off for too long due to its size, but no more! My Dad will be pleased too as he is a big King fan and had always been a little disappointed that I’ve only read one of his books. (Under the Dome).

11 minutes ago, chaliepud said:

Thanks @Ben for your challenge to read 11.22.63.

I’ve been putting this off for too long due to its size, but no more! My Dad will be pleased too as he is a big King fan and had always been a little disappointed that I’ve only read one of his books. (Under the Dome).

Phew! That confused me for a moment - I thought @Ben had put his challenges up, and couldn't find them anywhere.  It's actually @More reading time required who's challenged you to read 11.22.63 !

On 11.1.2018 at 10:38 AM, willoyd said:

We must think so alike on this sort of thing!  Titus Groan was my back-up choice, in case you'd asked me to change my challenge to you!  For me, it's a great choice - I've had the trilogy sat on my shelves for several years and never quite got around to it, always meaning to (especially after it was shown on British TV some years ago - I never watched it because I wanted to read it first!).  It's a lovely set as well - published by the Folio Society, with lots of superbly atmospheric illustrations by Peter Harding.  Can't understand why it's stayed untried for so long, but this should be just the kickstart I need.  Thank you!

What are the odds?! :lol: We have some sort of psychic connection - or at least very similar tastes - when it comes to this particular challenge! I'm really glad to hear my choice pleaseth you much! :smile2: I have great expectations for the novel myself and I have a feeling the book will not disappoint. I hope it will be the same for you! :)

Current State of Play

We're almost there, with virtually everybody's challenges complete.  There are a few holes, mainly owing to Ben's joining up a bit later, so please have a quick check on the list below to make sure (a) I've got it right -!- and (b) your challenges to others are completed. 

@Madeleine still needs to challenge Ben

@Alexi still needs to challenge Ben

@Little Pixie still needs to challenge Frankie, MRTR and Ben

@frankie still needs to challenge Ben

@Ben still needs to do his challenge list

Ben's already PMed me to say that he's hoping to get his challenges out this weekend.

Thank you to everybody for both taking part and for the really interesting set of challenges.  It promises to be a stimulating year's reading!  Do join in with your challenge lists, comments on books etc on the Round Robin 2018 thread.  It looks as if one or two are already steaming ahead (I've just started my first!).

Edited by willoyd

Hi @Ben, I’d like to challenge you to The Post Office Girl by Stefan Zweig. 

It came onto my TBR highly recommended but has languished there for a few years now. 

Hope this pushes both of us to read it and we enjoy it!