Thanksgiving plans

Athena

We used to do a big celebration but have pretty much just settled for a quiet day with out a lot of food prep. When we first moved here about three years ago, I set out to make a Thanksgiving dinner. I had purchased the food stuffs and had prepped the turkey. I got up the next morning and warmed up the oven, opened the door and attempted to put the roasting pan into the oven. It. Did. Not. Fit. I was pissed, lol! The roasting pan was just a bit too big to close the oven door (wall unit) and after that, I just didn't care! I left the rest of the meal plan up to my menfolk. It got easier and easier to not celebrate it as our family was scattered. We won't be doing anything this year either as all our extra funds and time will be getting us prepared to move in a mere few weeks. Christmas will be were we expend our energy. 

from Thanksgiving is possibly my favorite Holiday of the year. A time to give thanks (and I have much to be thankful for), a time to relax and enjoy a wonderful dinner, a time for family, and a time for football watching :).

We will have family coming from long distances to share Thanksgiving with us.......from Florida, Colorado, and Oregon.,

Our dinner will consist of turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, peas, baked corn, cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and red and white wine. And probably some that I have forgot. :)

Edited by muggle not

• 2 weeks later...