Booker 2007

Freewheeling Andy

Won by Anne Enright, who has since made a bit of a fool of herself with comments about the McCanns.

But, really, did the world need another depressing, maudlin book about troubled childhoods in dysfunctional Irish families? Has that seam not been completely mined out already?

I realised, only now, that the Lloyd Jones who was one of the favourites was the author of the fantastic Biografi. I'll have to read Mister Pip when it's out in paperback.

Can we just make sure that this thread doesn't turn into a discussion against her comments. A parenting site had ALOT of trouble not long ago because members were criticising a 'parenting expert'. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6641693.stm Thanks. :D

I think the issue was u are allowed to discuss what the person has said but u are not allowed to launch a personal attack and make derogatory and insulting remarks ,

kay

I think the issue was u are allowed to discuss what the person has said but u are not allowed to launch a personal attack and make derogatory and insulting remarks ,

kay

Yep, but sometimes it's a fine line. Some people can come across as insulting, even when it's not intended.

Guest Sedgewick
Won by Anne Enright, who has since made a bit of a fool of herself with comments about the McCanns.

Hello. First post.

I think you are unfair to say she has since made a fool of herself as there's nothing foolish in speaking one's mind and that article was published on 4th October.