Looking for some YA titles

Eric

I am getting ready to start writing my own novel and need to read some YA books. The book will be teenagers only, no adults. They will be in their own "world" and the premise is a unlikely to happen. But other than that everything could happen. So are there any books with teenager only world but no fantasy as in magic, elves, or wizard stuff. I also would like modern books with past tense narration. Also multiple POV narrators is OK but I would rather one or two only. I know this is strict but any help is appreciated.

Eric

Robert Heinlein wrote a slew of YA, or "Cadet" as they are  called in Europe, books.  Tunnel in the Sky is about teenagers fending for themselves on their own planet. There is "no fantasy as in magic, elves or wizard stuff." This book sounds like exactly what you're describing. But I may have misunderstood. 

Thanks, I will look into those. I know that my question may seem vague. But basically, a "world"(may be island, region, or planet) with teens that would parallel somewhat the normal world. Of course their early decisions will affect everything. And if I can write one book worth anything then I plan on having a series with different character arcs. I just didn't want too much fantasy in my "research" books. Very light is OK. Hope this describes it better than first post. 

Tomorrow When the War Began seems close enough. My "world" will be more of a closed system . For the most part any antagonists will be teen(s) of the same world and not teens as a group versus external or adult enemy.

Eric