Christmas planning and chat

On 22/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, Raven said:

Looks like a reading desk, to me!

*get's coat...

You know I’ve actually tried to read it :giggle2: (decided it’s two books on there, not one, haven’t worked out which books still though!)

On 23/12/2020 at 5:30 PM, Chrissy said:

Love it!

We expect great things to be written at this desk, Hayley! :D

You never know, maybe one day :lol:

Merry Christmas everyone! It’s a weird one but I hope you’ll all spoil yourselves today in the best way you can think of. You deserve it :cheers:

• 7 months later...

Sorry to startle everyone, but when I was up in London last week, I noticed that the nearby branch of Pret a Mange had Christmas garlands all round the door!  I thought it was a one-off, but my friend who works in a different part of London said her branch had them as well.  Up here again today though (thanks to the long wait for my internet connection to be upgraded) and the decs are gone.  Only a matter of time though.....

On 03/08/2021 at 2:24 PM, Madeleine said:

Sorry to startle everyone, but when I was up in London last week, I noticed that the nearby branch of Pret a Mange had Christmas garlands all round the door!  I thought it was a one-off, but my friend who works in a different part of London said her branch had them as well.  Up here again today though (thanks to the long wait for my internet connection to be upgraded) and the decs are gone.  Only a matter of time though.....

I think there should be a rule about putting Christmas decorations up before it's Halloween. 

I did have an email from The Works a few days ago to say their Christmas Craft items were now in stock, but I understand that more because people need time to make the things!

Apparently the Pret thing was a special promo for their Christmas sandwich, as so many people missed out on it last Xmas due to lockdown.

HAD A GIFT CATALOGUE COME THE OTHER DAY, WITH A Xmas selection in the middle - it's starting! (sorry about the caps, not used to this keyboard).

• 2 months later...
On 04/11/2021 at 7:34 PM, Chrissy said:

I may have bought a little sparkly thing last Friday, with a tiny wee star nestling within the tiny wee branches of the sparkly 3 inch tall tree. :D

Aww that sounds lovely! 

On 04/11/2021 at 1:58 PM, Madeleine said:

Also ordered a potential present, but I might keep it for myself

Presents to yourself should definitely count towards Christmas organisation :lol:.

I made a Christmas decoration last week. It’s not perfect, but I think it was a good start. I’ll post it in the crafting thread soon. I’d like to get ideas from other people on what to try for the next one! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2021 at 7:45 PM, Virginia said:

I bought several plain stockings and have started decorating them with Christmassy things.

This has just given me an idea for a tree decoration :) 

On 17/11/2021 at 7:45 PM, Virginia said:

I maaaayyyyyy have pulled out the Christmas tree, but I'll deny it if you question me.

:lol: well I fully approve of all things Christmassy by this time of the year. My boyfriend wants us to get a real tree this year, so I'm going to have to wait a while for mine!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, Raven said:

Lots of Christmas trees up in people's homes in Portsmouth on Saturday evening.

Still seems a bit early for me.

Maybe but it is now Dec.13 and definitely not too early. :)

We put our tree up yesterday (Sunday). We have accumulated lots of Christmas ornaments over many years and they are now on our tree, except for the ones that have broken. :)

Cards all sent in the post; local cards all delivered by hand;presents all wrapped and ready to go; food all planned and good to go; thats me sorted for another year. I am not a Christian, but wish Seasons Greetings to one and all, and hope you have an enjoyable time doing what you like best!

We are not Christian either but my brother enjoys Christmas so we're making an effort for him.  Not done my cards yet, not got in any food yet and have yet to find out when Scrooge is on - not Christmas until I see Scrooge.

I'd like to thank everybody for the warm welcome and the interaction, it means a lot to me, and I wish everybody the very best for the season, however you are (or not) celebrating it. 

13 hours ago, muggle not said:

Maybe but it is now Dec.13 and definitely not too early. :)

We put our tree up yesterday (Sunday). We have accumulated lots of Christmas ornaments over many years and they are now on our tree, except for the ones that have broken. :)

You quoted a post from November 22nd! (it was too early then!)

My parent got rid of most of their decorations a few years back, when they decided they wouldn't have a tree again.  I think my older sister got some of them, but the rest went in the bin. 

I still miss a real Christmas tree each year, with the water filled bubble lights we had when I was a kid, or the fibre optic ones that eventually replaced them when they broke...

Almost organised, have posted all cards that needed posting (I think) and took 2 parcels to the Post Office today and miracle of miracles, no queue! Have one more to send as I had to get a bigger envelope, I try to re-use those padded envelopes but didn't have any large enough, as most of mine are paperback sized!  Tree went up end of Nov/beginning of Dec, have a few more decs to come from mail order but otherwise all decorated.

• 11 months later...
22 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Some radio stations here have started playing Christmas songs, from last week!👎Too soon.

They’ve been playing them in the shops in my local shopping centre for a few weeks now and I saw my first Christmas related advert on the television in early November. Crazy!

I also saw a couple of Christmas trees up in people houses this morning on my way into work which seems a bit early to me, but each to their own.