Christmas planning and chat

I got all my wrapping done today. :present:  I'm trying to get as much prep done as early as possible, so that I can just enjoy my time off work over Christmas.  I don't have many people to give presents to, so it only took me a couple of hours to finish everything and tidy up afterwards, although there was glitter on one of my choices of wrapping paper and it's EVERYWHERE now! :lol: 

We gave up doing the Christmas card thing, except for a couple of aunts. We put the tree up and the grands will be decorating their Christmas stocking sometime today. I purchased Christmas gingerbread houses and gingerbread train. I have the gingerbread tree decorations for them to do for my house.

I'm sitting here looking at my Christmas tree sitting amidst the chaos of a house in the middle of packing. I don't know why we put it up except we just wanted to have something "Christmassy" among the madness. We put it up thinking we'd not be in the new house by Christmas but we should close by next Wednesday. As the house is only 7 houses up, I may just put it on a little red wagon and drag it to the house, LMBO!!!! If you see a picture on FB of a middle aged Black lady dragging a Christmas tree up the road on a red wagon, that would be me!

I haven't done the Christmas card thing this year, been too busy with coursework. I have cards, just haven't written or posted them, and at this stage it's unlikely I will.

My Christmas tree is up, though, which is something. I haven't got any of my decorations in Cork, since I moved in with my partner 6 months after moving into the previous temporary house, I just had to cull so many of my belongings and last January and May Christmas decorations weren't an issue. Haven't been home to Kerry in that time so they're all still down there! OH had a tree though and some decorations, so that's up, and we've a few bits in the window and polar bears in the porch. Would like to get a wreath but time is getting on so again, dunno if I'll bother this year. Have some window snowflake stickers still to put up. Will be more organised next year as I won't be doing a course at the same time!

Went and bought our tree this morning.  Not sure what the point is, as we won't be able to use the living room until the new year when the plumber has installed the new radiator, so we'll put it up in there and then never see it unless we walk past the house and see it from the outside looking in. :roll:  

All the cards were done and posted early last week and I'm nearly done with the pressies, but seriously think we need a review of who we buy for as everyone has so much nowadays. Christmas food shopping next week although I'm not going overboard as there will only be the 4 of us, and it is really only like a Sunday roast dinner really isn't it... :D Hoping to go get ourselves our wee 'real tree' from our wee local garden centre, they always have nice fresh trees. Hope the weather is ok as the roads and paths here are awful at the moment with the icy cold wet weather.

Edited by Inver

On 11/12/2017 at 8:17 PM, Virginia said:

I'm sitting here looking at my Christmas tree sitting amidst the chaos of a house in the middle of packing. I don't know why we put it up except we just wanted to have something "Christmassy" among the madness. We put it up thinking we'd not be in the new house by Christmas but we should close by next Wednesday. As the house is only 7 houses up, I may just put it on a little red wagon and drag it to the house, LMBO!!!! If you see a picture on FB of a middle aged Black lady dragging a Christmas tree up the road on a red wagon, that would be me!

Good Luck with the move ! :)

Lebkuchen have just about finished baking ; I haven`t done any for the past few years `cos i`ve just been knackered, but my father did most of the prep this time round. :blush:  then the biscuits go off to the neighbours. :D

He's cute!

Finished decorating my tree, wrote the rest of the cards, went to do some wrapping and realised I hardly had any paper left - enough for small things like jewellery, CDs, but not for larger so had to go and get another roll.

One more day til Christmas holidays. Think we have just about everything ready, just have to get our turkey and some wine. We want to get a turkey from Aldi, but none of the Specially Selected ones from their catalogue seem to be in either of their stores here, which is annoying. Going to watch The Santa Clause this evening :)

My Tesco Christmas order just arrived, and everything was there, phew!  Imagine the horror of no brussels sprouts.  :eek:  Now I can relax.  The only things I'm making in advance are the veggie meatballs for Christmas Eve.  On the 25th, I'll be baking a cake in the morning, and making the nut roast from scratch in the afternoon.  It's going to be intense (but fun!).  :lol:  I can't wait.

I hope everyone is enjoying the run-up days!  :cheers:

We've now got almost all of our Christmas shopping. The next few days will be relatively tiring, but it should be fun to spend some time with family eating nice food. My boyfriend's birthday is on the 25th, so on Monday we celebrate his birthday with presents, cake, and some great food (gourmetten!). On the 24th and the 25th we'll be busy with preparations. On the 26th my extended family will be coming to celebrate Christmas with us all. We'll be with 10 people in total and we'll be having the yearly ~8-course dinner with little dishes.

I hope everyone has a great time :xmassmile:!

My mom and brother have decided to come down on Sunday. I'll be picking up dd and grands for a visit and meal on Christmas day. I've still got to get the tree up from the old house. Hopefully we can get that done today.  Thankfully my mom is bringing the meal. I will provide the bird!

Got the foodie shop done yesterday, although it is just another day really, turkey breast thingy and usual tatties and veggies. Have smoked salmon slices with lemon and some oatcakes to start, and the pudding will be ice cream and jelly as my boys (27 & 23) always ask for that...:D, have made meringues to go with it. I'm thinking hubby and I will just join in with that this year, or I might just make me a wee fruit salad and crème fraiche. Nearly there, just to finish off the :guess:. Just doing hubby and the boys at the moment, have sis and family to do but not seeing them until after so no rush....will give me something to do on Boxing day...:present:.

Wishing all my fellow bookie friends on here a :csign: